Another Lead Gen ?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 47257

Another Lead Gen ?

So two questions. Anyone every use Business.com for lead gen?
    They sell leads to 3-5 parties, which i hate but they are not to expensive so thought i would give it a try.

2nd question. Go Daddy for SEO. I tried three different SEO companies. They all promised me the world and delivered garbage leads.

These guys are saying they can get great results. I know SEO is 100% you get what you spend. I am not spending much but i know you need to commit a couple months in order to see some results.

Thanks for any thoughts on these two.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2019 Lenders.Marketing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    They sell leads to 3-5 parties, which i hate but they are not to expensive so thought i would give it a try.

2nd question. Go Daddy for SEO. I tried three different SEO companies. They all promised me the world and delivered garbage leads.

These guys are saying they can get great results. I know SEO is 100% you get what you spend. I am not spending much but i know you need to commit a couple months in order to see some results.

If you want to show up on the 1st page of the search engines there are some simple things you have to do like setting up your website in the manner the search engines advise like using WordPress with a frequently updated Blog with relevant keywords. Requesting Google to send an address verification mailer to verify your physical address along with having a local number on your website which you shouldn't change. GoDaddy is great for hosting websites and emails but nobody on this first page of Google for competitive keywords is using them for SEO.

My advice if you are serious about getting on the 1st page of Google is to hire a marketing consultant or employee with real SEO experience and make it one of their core responsibilities. You should be learning along the way so you can learn the white-hat way of doing things versus the quick and lazy way which can lead to being black-listed by Google. Allow 3 to 6 months before you start seeing results and once you get on the 1st page you need to work just as hard to stay there with consistent and persistent effort staying current on the latest Google SEO updates.
    3110 Main Street
    Building C
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

info@lendersmarketing.com
    www.lendersmarketing.com

Direct (805) 765-6459
    Toll-Free (888) 988-2867
    Fax Number (818) 925-9686

We connect Lenders with their future clients

Check out how our Business Loan Triggers work:
    http://www.lendersmarketing.com/busi...-triggers.html

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by Lenders.Marketing View Post
    If you want to show up on the 1st page of the search engines there are some simple things you have to do like setting up your website in the manner the search engines advise like using WordPress with a frequently updated Blog with relevant keywords. Requesting Google to send an address verification mailer to verify your physical address along with having a local number on your website which you shouldn't change. GoDaddy is great for hosting websites and emails but nobody on this first page of Google for competitive keywords is using them for SEO.

My advice if you are serious about getting on the 1st page of Google is to hire a marketing consultant or employee with real SEO experience and make it one of their core responsibilities. You should be learning along the way so you can learn the white-hat way of doing things versus the quick and lazy way which can lead to being black-listed by Google. Allow 3 to 6 months before you start seeing results and once you get on the 1st page you need to work just as hard to stay there with consistent and persistent effort staying current on the latest Google SEO updates.
    Good advice but as long as players like On Deck and CAN Cap can afford to pay stacks to be on page 1, there's no room and no way, even with all the fancy techniques in the world some little ISO will ever make it there.
    Last edited by FUNd; 04-04-2016 at 09:33 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

Its a pain you need an IT guy and they have to stay on top of it, its a battle to stay on that first page. Will cost you money what FUNd is saying ^^^^^

Senior Member Reputation points: 2655

Business.com? Never heard of her.

If you are currently doing or have done SEO/PPC marketing we offer a free audit of that campain and will let you know if we can or cannot improve on it.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206
    rob.buchanan@data-axle.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Buchanan View Post
    Business.com? Never heard of her.

If you are currently doing or have done SEO/PPC marketing we offer a free audit of that campain and will let you know if we can or cannot improve on it.
    Rob i used you guys for 3 months with 0 results. I dont think you did anything wrong, it was just not enough money to get the results i needed. Almost everything i received was fraudulent.

Actually you did not have zero results. Yes your budget was probably too low. And let's clear up the that fraudulent comment can we??
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

Also working with us you were working with company who has years of experiance working with MCA companies. What do you think you will get out of working with a company who cannot say the same?
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

Actually you did not have zero results. Yes your budget was probably too low. And let's clear up the that fraudulent comment can we??
    skideeppow, You were getting a lot of "fraud" from registrations that you deemed were not qualified. It's my understanding that my Adwords rep tried to explain to you that you needed a more restrictive “quick app” on your site if you were not seeing the quality you wanted. However we did make countless changes to the ads and keywords to help detour poorly qualified opps from coming in.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

Senior Member Reputation points: 17416

skideeppow, You were getting a lot of "fraud" from registrations that you deemed were not qualified. It's my understanding that my Adwords rep tried to explain to you that you needed a more restrictive “quick app” on your site if you were not seeing the quality you wanted. However we did make countless changes to the ads and keywords to help detour poorly qualified opps from coming in.
    You need more than an IT guy you need a marketing department. Also Rob it seems you have very little clue as to how search advertising actually works. The best agencies will have you work with a tech and account manager. Costs per click will only continue to rise as Google has eliminated sideline ads for our industry.

Quote Originally Posted by channin19 View Post
    You need more than an IT guy you need a marketing department. Also Rob it seems you have very little clue as to how search advertising actually works. The best agencies will have you work with a tech and account manager. Costs per click will only continue to rise as Google has eliminated sideline ads for our industry.
    You are correct. I dont have much of a clue and to be honest I don't really need to. Here at Infogroup we have a dedicated team that deals with this type of service. If I have a customer of mine who is interested in or needs this type of service I send them over to my team who specialzes in this. We do it all from start to finish.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

Senior Member Reputation points: 2697

Another Lead Gen ?

SEO can be looked at in two different avenues:

1. Pay per click
    2. Adding relevant content to your website.

You can buy pay per click, however, without any relevant content its the same as buying air. You will need to create as many posts as you can with relevant content and link backs and search good keywords in order for this to work. Once you have the content, then you can spend on your pay per click campaign.

Regardless of weather you will pay someone to do it or do it yourself, if i were you, i would read up on it as there are SEO companies who promise you the world and at the end of the day all they do is suck your dollars.

I have a good friend who helps companies with SEO and has taught me some good tips. Happy to put you in contact with him so you can ask questions as to how he works and what he can help you with if needed.

Another Lead Gen ?

There is nothing to "clean up" in the fraud comment. I can revisit numbers, but most of the apps we received contained altered statement or guys who werent owners of the business. As i said, wasnt your fault, but that is what we got.
    I put my contact info in here, and
    was bombarded with spam from funders
    if you need to reach me PM me

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Search "business loans" on Google. The big boys got pages 1-5 on straight lock down. And no more ads on the edge of the page either. If you want impressions on page 1, you better dig deep in those pockets.

There is nothing to "clean up" in the fraud comment. I can revisit numbers, but most of the apps we received contained altered statement or guys who werent owners of the business. As i said, wasnt your fault, but that is what we got.
    I actually said clear up and I was reffering to you profviding more info on your fraudulent comment becasue the way I took it you were pointing the finger that we were fraudulent which was not the case.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

^^^My bad on the reading comprehension.

That is correct! Sales has been change... Before internet the sellers used to have 100% control of the sales process. Today the 70% of the sales process is done over the internet! Giving more power to the buyer! Therefore, you need to be relevant with your buyers and understand their context.

Another important aspect of sales is be trustworthy and increase the confidence in your client. But how are you going to increase thrust when the buyer is controlling 70% of the process? Read this article

As a result, your company should focus in a content strategy (Business Blog) and developing content to help your buyer walking in the sales process. This will increase your though leadership and making you a trustworthy advisor!

Quote Originally Posted by VFG View Post
    SEO can be looked at in two different avenues:

1. Pay per click
    2. Adding relevant content to your website.

You can buy pay per click, however, without any relevant content its the same as buying air. You will need to create as many posts as you can with relevant content and link backs and search good keywords in order for this to work. Once you have the content, then you can spend on your pay per click campaign.

Regardless of weather you will pay someone to do it or do it yourself, if i were you, i would read up on it as there are SEO companies who promise you the world and at the end of the day all they do is suck your dollars.

I have a good friend who helps companies with SEO and has taught me some good tips. Happy to put you in contact with him so you can ask questions as to how he works and what he can help you with if needed.

That is correct! Sales has been change... Before internet the sellers used to have 100% control of the sales process. Today the 70% of the sales process is done over the internet! Giving more power to the buyer! Therefore, you need to be relevant with your buyers and understand their context.

Another important aspect of sales is be trustworthy and increase the confidence in your client. But how are you going to increase thrust when the buyer is controlling 70% of the process? Read this article

As a result, your company should focus in a content strategy (Business Blog) and developing content to help your buyer walking in the sales process. This will increase your though leadership and making you a trustworthy advisor!