On Outside ISO Relationship Managers
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    I would agree that the market place has changed in a way that has made "ISO Reps" or whatever you want to call them a necessity. For instance, if we at YSC waited for each file to pass through submissions process and were handled by one underwriting team, not only would our profits crumble we wouldn't fund anything due to the natural amount of time required to fund a deal start to finish.

In my position I act like a traffic cop, to make sure the flow of those ISO shops submitting fundable files get into the hands of the underwriters that will give decent approvals and get docs to that ISO as quick as possible. And instead of waiting around for an underwriter to answer your call, you can call my team and we'll go through anything you need to know.

Furthermore, the leverage gained by my constant contact with certain underwriters at YSC is passed down to the Reps so that they benefit from my proverbial "twisting of the arm" on said underwriter.
    Andy I think you are spot on with your ISO Manager description. We have even gone a step further and had a Sr. Underwriter take the business development position so they could analyze files with the brokers on the phone. Talk about saving someone time we can advise the status of the file before its even submitted. Saving the broker precious time indeed.
    Last edited by TheShitzuofMCA; 03-17-2016 at 12:07 PM.