New ISO and looking for advice on leads and reliable Funders
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New ISO and looking for advice on leads and reliable Funders

Looking to get set up with reliable lenders that won't "backdoor" my deals and are willing to work with a new to the business ISO like myself.

Also, I'm a "one man shop" and need some advice on marketing. UCC's seem to be the way to go and I have no problem making outbound phone calls. What should I be looking for when purchasing lists? How old should they be? What industries are should I focus on? Are there any tried and tested vendors you have worked with that have given you reliable leads/lists in the past?

Any advice would be seriously appreciated.

Thanks!

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by fmoli991 View Post
    Looking to get set up with reliable lenders that won't "backdoor" my deals and are willing to work with a new to the business ISO like myself.

Also, I'm a "one man shop" and need some advice on marketing. UCC's seem to be the way to go and I have no problem making outbound phone calls. What should I be looking for when purchasing lists? How old should they be? What industries are should I focus on? Are there any tried and tested vendors you have worked with that have given you reliable leads/lists in the past?

Thanks!
    What's your email? I will send you my operations handbook and my marketing plays. Anything else you need?

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    What's your email? I will send you my operations handbook and my marketing plays. Anything else you need?
    Your upcoming renewal list.
    Tommy Stein

Quote Originally Posted by TStein View Post
    Your upcoming renewal list.
    Coming right up.

Senior Member Reputation points: 116856 ridextreme's Avatar

UCC's seem to be the way to go
    this would have been true about 8 years ago.

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

Better question does anyone want to share the secret names UCC's are being filed under currently? lol UCC lists are like beating on a dead horse in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    Better question does anyone want to share the secret names UCC's are being filed under currently? lol UCC lists are like beating on a dead horse in my opinion.
    I know the aliases. I could tell you but then you know what has to happen next....

lol I think I do.

Senior Member Reputation points: 4936 HFS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    lol I think I do.
    Ill send you an updated list; is your email the same or is it @primocash

download.jpg

Senior Member Reputation points: 305505

Thanks!
    as a one man shop sending a deal once in a blue moon do not believe anyone that they wont backdoor you . you will be better signing up with sendto or yellowstone and let them shop it for you .
    any advice on marketing will be wrong or sarcastic so you wont get help here with that . what i can tell you is dont buy leads buy data . if its a good lead they will fund it themself

Quote Originally Posted by HFS View Post
    Ill send you an updated list; is your email the same or is it @primocash

download.jpg
    lol..Thats old info bud let me update my account info. Primo Cash is owned by a guy I know, its a great company but I work for Nextwave Funding.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2019 Lenders.Marketing's Avatar

For obvious reasons folks are not going to tell the world about their lead list source that is producing. With UCC's or any lead list source for that matter you want to consider taking a road less traveled and think outside of the box. Unique secured party names for UCC's, what industries do you have experience with so you can talk their language, what industries have not been saturated, what sets your loan product apart, what makes your offer stand out from others, are you willing to work with business owners others are passing on, etc.?

Everybody is pounding the phones these days with new shops popping up left and right, so you have to either be exceptionally creative, talented or follow-up incessantly. My advice is to diversify and test as many marketing channels as possible, track carefully then reinvest in the ones that produce results. Direct mail is a great channel because it is cost-prohibitive to most which means you are eliminating the vast majority of your competition right off the bat. Social media is a great, cost-effective way to generate leads for very little investment mostly just your time and energy.
    3110 Main Street
    Building C
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

info@lendersmarketing.com
    www.lendersmarketing.com

Direct (805) 765-6459
    Toll-Free (888) 988-2867
    Fax Number (818) 925-9686

We connect Lenders with their future clients

Check out how our Business Loan Triggers work:
    http://www.lendersmarketing.com/busi...-triggers.html

Senior Member Reputation points: 4936 HFS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    as a one man shop sending a deal once in a blue moon do not believe anyone that they wont backdoor you . you will be better signing up with sendto or yellowstone and let them shop it for you .
    any advice on marketing will be wrong or sarcastic so you wont get help here with that . what i can tell you is dont buy leads buy data . if its a good lead they will fund it themself
    I agree 100% on buying data, not leads.
    I have to disagree on not working your own deals. I started as a one man shop and from experience can preach that relationships with your funder/rep/underwriter(s) is vital especially as a small shop {1-10 team}.

jotucker1983

Thanks!
    Why would you want to enter into this business at this point being brand new? Do you have some sort of unique market research you've conducted and you are going to compete uniquely and strategically?

UCCs are dead, the ones that are being filed have been sold to 100 other companies probably.

- Most merchants are going to curse you out for being the 10th guy calling this week.

- The "leads" that you will produce from UCCs will be mainly merchants who are stacked to high heaven hell with 4 or 5 balances that nobody wants to consolidate, or merchants who just have a ton of bad things going on with their profile that again, make them unfundable.

- The "good accounts" that used to be generated from UCCs, are mainly not even getting UCCs filed on them like in prior times. A lot of companies have just stopped filing UCCs on good accounts and choose to file them on questionable or risky accounts which again, most of the time are unfundable.

Just giving you some honest insight here, if you plan on coming in here brand new you ought to develop some sort of unique/strategic business plan. UCCs aren't going to cut it anymore.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Thanks!
    Dear "Fmoli"

Your interest in coming into the AltFi space or MCA space is not uncommon. The bashing or questioning of your existence isn't either.

You only know what you read and see or what you are told. Your questions about marketing is relevant - especially with UCC lists.

I can't give you any advice on lists or any type of "lead" sourcing because it's all in how you work what you have and adhering to the request vs. expectation of your lead- whether it is warm or hot- it is up to you to characterize this industry rather than give the merchant a bad taste. This has been done tons of times over so now when you call those abused UCCs- if you are different or have something they want, prepare for the "click" or the chase.

Reach out and let's chat. One thing I can do is steer you in the right direction if you are one who wants to go in that "right direction".
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

answer for new Iso.

The reward that is telling you the business is over never made money and he's depressed. Don't listen to Weak as punks. When you work hard and know how to close you will
    Make money. Always be ethical and do the right things by the merchant and build relationships. The best advice is to stay off this forum, it's a soap opera of
    Guys that can close doors. Just work and enjoy
    The journey.

Senior Member Reputation points: 305505

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    The reward that is telling you the business is over never made money and he's depressed. Don't listen to Weak as punks. When you work hard and know how to close you will
    Make money. Always be ethical and do the right things by the merchant and build relationships. The best advice is to stay off this forum, it's a soap opera of
    The journey.
    Tommy if he knows how to close he wil close what he brings in if getting the right aproval from the right lender . But how does he bring them in and how does he know which lender to send to . You didn't answer to help him .
    Your help is stay off this site where half the lenders in the industry advertise .
    Yes a forum can turn into a soap opera at times . But thee is a reason you have been on here for 2 years

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

I must admit that I find the "1 man shop" route VERY Risky at this point in the game. You may be better off finding a broker shop with a good reputation that you can work at and learn the ropes develop a report with funders/underwriters/etc. This can all be done for ZERO cost to you, minus time and energy. And truthfully going this route has a lot more upside than down. The only downside I can see is that you aren't keeping all the commissions, but if you aren't funding then that point is moot.
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Director of ISO Development
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    I must admit that I find the "1 man shop" route VERY Risky at this point in the game. You may be better off finding a broker shop with a good reputation that you can work at and learn the ropes develop a report with funders/underwriters/etc. This can all be done for ZERO cost to you, minus time and energy. And truthfully going this route has a lot more upside than down. The only downside I can see is that you aren't keeping all the commissions, but if you aren't funding then that point is moot.
    I totally agree with Andy, now is not the time for a guy to open his own one man shop. Work for someone in the industry for a while, close some deals, make some money, and then if you like go out on your own. BUT, if you really do want to work on your own, go with someone like Amanda, who can help on the funders side, while you concentrate on closing.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    The journey.
    Is English a 2nd language or are you really this stupid?

Senior Member Reputation points: 7360

As a direct lender, I cannot comment on the value of UCC lists, and clearly there are lots of folks who can so it may be in your best interest to heed their advice.

As a veteran business development expert with many decades under my belt, I would disagree that a one-man enterprise cannot make headway into virtually any industry, including this one.

The challenge is thinking the way everyone else is thinking and doing the same things everyone else is doing. That mindset is your worst enemy.

So here is my advice:

Ask yourself...where is your ideal client "hanging out" (where will you find them?). Who do they interact with? Who will know if they need your services (e.g. capital)? How can you create a mutually beneficial business relationship with these potential referral partners to help their clients (hint: their clients are the same ones you are looking for).

Once you answer these questions and come up with a solid game plan, you don't need UCC lists.

Then your one man, willing-to-work-hard ethic can be successful.

Hope this helps, at least a little.

Best,

Dan Page

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

There's nothing wrong with starting out now as a one man shop. If you're good on the phones, tenacious and hardworking and willing to learn, you'll find your way. It's the American dream to be an entrepreneur and I applaud you on your decision. I would recommend that you have at least a few months of savings under your belt as you build your pipeline. As far as leads? I'd start off with UCCs and combine that with face-to-face networking with merchants in your city. As you save more money, you can invest in quality lead gen. Rome wasn't built in a day and you have to walk before you can run. If you stick with it for a solid 24 months without throwing in the towel, there's no reason you can't be consistently pulling in six figures as a one man shop.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 03-17-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    There's nothing wrong with starting out now as a one man shop. If you're good on the phones, tenacious and hardworking and willing to learn, you'll find your way. It's the American dream to be an entrepreneur and I applaud you on your decision. I would recommend that you have at least a few months of savings under your belt as you build your pipeline.
    And at least $10K a month for marketing, data, research, and ops costs.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    And at least $10K a month for marketing, data, research, and ops costs.
    When I started out I only spent $3K per month on that stuff. I worked out of a shared office space for $700 per month, I had a computer, phone and spent all day calling aged leads and UCC lists. Within 3 months I was already making decent money. But then again, I was already pretty experienced when I started my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    When I started out I only spent $3K per month on that stuff. I worked out of a shared office space for $700 per month, I had a computer, phone and spent all day calling aged leads and UCC lists. Within 3 months I was already making decent money. But then again, I was already pretty experienced when I started my shop.
    I think the competition in the marketplace has increased a tad since you started.