New ISO and looking for advice on leads and reliable Funders
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Karen37a
    It is exhausting I have done that model for 25 years and I am still doing it. I help them close sales if need be ( more exhausting) And I have 5 top agents who were ex mortgage brokers/stockbrokers who shield me from the crazy questions from the newbies on their "team". So they are "team leaders" not "sales mgrs"...semantics.If someone annoys me I will just give them to another team leader and give them 1% for babysitting them.

I try to get a more quality person to work for me. I also have a lot of Referral agents. Business professionals that have a full time job ( accountant etc ) but send me pre qualified merchants . Ive learned how to ignore them all without jumping off the bridge though its very hard.

You have to chant in the morning " Some will some wont so what, some will some wont so what'

When I get agents who are "smaller", they argue with me about the Taco stand they have that wants a 20k loan, they only make 2 k a month but they make a lot more in cash, but they just don't deposit it, but we should count the revenue.

The best part of all this is that we get renewals. Their is a method to the madness.

No matter what, we do get high commissions and can build a book of business of merchants who hopefully stay loyal and don't over extend themselves.

The hardest part is dealing with a few lenders who reply...does not meet the algorithms , or scoring model when they turn down a file.

I have 3 lenders that are great. Once I put skin in the game this will all change as well.

I have to contain myself and not say " the reason you are working an hourly job for someone else is because you cant make it in sales, do not EVER use the word algorithm to me again"

Big Smile **** laughing

Rah Rah Rah lets all make money today !!!

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Quote Originally Posted by Karen37a View Post
    It is exhausting I have done that model for 25 years and I am still doing it. I help them close sales if need be ( more exhausting) And I have 5 top agents who were ex mortgage brokers/stockbrokers who shield me from the crazy questions from the newbies on their "team". So they are "team leaders" not "sales mgrs"...semantics.If someone annoys me I will just give them to another team leader and give them 1% for babysitting them.

I try to get a more quality person to work for me. I also have a lot of Referral agents. Business professionals that have a full time job ( accountant etc ) but send me pre qualified merchants . Ive learned how to ignore them all without jumping off the bridge though its very hard.

You have to chant in the morning " Some will some wont so what, some will some wont so what'

When I get agents who are "smaller", they argue with me about the Taco stand they have that wants a 20k loan, they only make 2 k a month but they make a lot more in cash, but they just don't deposit it, but we should count the revenue.

The best part of all this is that we get renewals. Their is a method to the madness.

No matter what, we do get high commissions and can build a book of business of merchants who hopefully stay loyal and don't over extend themselves.

The hardest part is dealing with a few lenders who reply...does not meet the algorithms , or scoring model when they turn down a file.

I have 3 lenders that are great. Once I put skin in the game this will all change as well.

I have to contain myself and not say " the reason you are working an hourly job for someone else is because you cant make it in sales, do not EVER use the word algorithm to me again"

Big Smile **** laughing

Rah Rah Rah lets all make money today !!!
    No one works harder then Karen!
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com