New ISO and looking for advice on leads and reliable Funders
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    There's nothing wrong with starting out now as a one man shop. If you're good on the phones, tenacious and hardworking and willing to learn, you'll find your way. It's the American dream to be an entrepreneur and I applaud you on your decision. I would recommend that you have at least a few months of savings under your belt as you build your pipeline.
    And at least $10K a month for marketing, data, research, and ops costs.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    And at least $10K a month for marketing, data, research, and ops costs.
    When I started out I only spent $3K per month on that stuff. I worked out of a shared office space for $700 per month, I had a computer, phone and spent all day calling aged leads and UCC lists. Within 3 months I was already making decent money. But then again, I was already pretty experienced when I started my shop.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

When I started out I only spent $3K per month on that stuff. I worked out of a shared office space for $700 per month, I had a computer, phone and spent all day calling aged leads and UCC lists. Within 3 months I was already making decent money. But then again, I was already pretty experienced when I started my shop.
    I think the competition in the marketplace has increased a tad since you started.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

The Key phrase in what you said was, "I was already pretty experienced" I have to assume that you learned a whole bunch before striking out on your own. Do you think that you would be nearly as successful if you tried that same maneuver now with NO Experience?

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    The Key phrase in what you said was, "I was already pretty experienced" I have to assume that you learned a whole bunch before striking out on your own. Do you think that you would be nearly as successful if you tried that same maneuver now with NO Experience?
    If I had NO experience, I wouldn't dream of doing it. I think the poster at least has SOME knowledge of the business...hopefully.