Quote Originally Posted by NewWay ISO View Post
Of course it sucks. Welcome to an industry that was hot five years ago. If you put yourself on to a calling list by a mistake, (like I did with one aggregator two years ago), you get at least 50 calls a month that goes something like this: "congratulations!!!! You're business has been pre-approved for xxxx blah.. blah.." I get these calls a few times a week, for the last two years..
One might wonder, if I DO enjoy these phone calls, since I never tried to get myself off the lists.. But indeed I do enjoy them.. It's like music from the nineties..
So cold calling is dead. If I get it so frequently, so does everyone with a yellow book number..
UCC and all the other tricks are also quite dead by now. People are getting sick..
The problem is that we forget about Google. Google. Google.
I'm in this space for a long time. I never had a merchant that doesn't use Google.. I say the words 'Merchant cash advance' the guy googles it in a second. Then I have OnDeck Kabbage and some other broker pop up right in his face.. So why wouldn't he try them too? Now it's game over. They found them. They don't need us..
My point is that instead of running around trying to beat the system. Why don't you sit down with a good marketing guy, read some books yourself, and throw some serious money into google ads or facebook or whatever.. and Bingo. you have yourself a business.
This is the only thing left today.
Anyone disagree?
I very regrettably substantially agree with much of this.