Quote Originally Posted by nfarr@asapfunder.com View Post
They aren't dumb guys... there is probably a very legitimate reason why they are not doing that.

Additionally, their accountant was very confident in the offer and compromise wiping out all the fees and interest for the lien.
I wouldn't touch it. I'm always suspicious of merchants/borrowers who have an explanation for everything and why it's not their fault. If it was just the tax lien then fine, maybe an honest mistake was made and they're trying to rectify. But being frequently in the red shouldn't be excused just because they have a large CD... they have cash flow problems, plain and simple. They blame that on ONE insurance company (known to pay well and pay fast btw) changing their payout protocols, but would you say that all or even most of their receivables are controlled by just Aetna? On that note, anyone in healthcare will tell you that billable receivables and collected payouts are two completely different numbers, so the 500k is not impressive. The question about not liquidating the CD is legitimate, and I would guess there's a concerning story behind it. Seems like too many question marks to me.