Elections 2016
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Elections 2016

Curious to who our industry would like as our next president. ....
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Marcus ,
    ask your brother hell tell you

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Who here would actually vote for the man? Would definitely be our funniest president ever.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    Who here would actually vote for the man? Would definitely be our funniest president ever.
    Seriously, nobody gives a **** what your political views are. Take em to a political forum and post your opinions there.

I read somewhere that whatever comes out of the mouth comes from the heart. So when people have vile things spewing out of their mouths what does that say about their heart. Can't remember where I read that. Oh yeah....it was the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    I read somewhere that whatever comes out of the mouth comes from the heart. So when people have vile things spewing out of their mouths what does that say about their heart. Can't remember where I read that. Oh yeah....it was the Bible.
    Doesn't the Bible also say something about judging others?

I believe it does. But what does it mean to judge? People are so quick to say "Don't judge me" when they are obviously in the wrong and expect everyone to just accept them for who they are. If your wife/girlfriend cheats on you are you not going to make a judgement call and leave her? If you see a grown man ruthlessly beating a woman in the train station, are you just going to keep walking and pretend nothing happened because it's not your place to "judge"? At what point is it ok to say "hey! what you're doing is wrong!" or are we just supposed to let people do whatever they want?

This is officially the worst thread now, mixing in politics and religion. Can we please stop this conversation now?

This is officially the worst thread now, mixing in politics and religion. Can we please stop this conversation now?
    lol
    I think this isn't really about religion more so than it is about human decency. I'm not even christian but I recognize wisdom when I see it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

I wonder why people are so afraid of religion and politics. Also that Vermin Supreme is some funny stuff, similar to Bernie Sanders

Because when they get introduced, many people have very strong opinions, which are very unlikely to change. Therefore instead of them monopolizing the board, I am asking we keep them out.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1719

My only concern on this subject is which one of our vaunted political messiahs will try to score cheap political points by demonizing the industry....from that perspective I would think that Trump is the only choice as he has no track record of using the legal system as a political tool, something you can't really say about anyone else running. As for religion, I suggest people hedge their bets.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

Bernie Sanders. Its time to break-up the banks, regulate the financial industry, and fix the tax rate!

But in all seriousness, it would appear the majority of my merchants are endorsing Trump. Countless conversations always turn to him and supporting small businesses.
    Tommy Stein

Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    I believe it does. But what does it mean to judge? People are so quick to say "Don't judge me" when they are obviously in the wrong and expect everyone to just accept them for who they are. If your wife/girlfriend cheats on you are you not going to make a judgement call and leave her? If you see a grown man ruthlessly beating a woman in the train station, are you just going to keep walking and pretend nothing happened because it's not your place to "judge"? At what point is it ok to say "hey! what you're doing is wrong!" or are we just supposed to let people do whatever they want?
    Are you for real dude?

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

Quote Originally Posted by fundgorilla View Post
    Trump is the only choice as he has no track record of using the legal system as a political tool
    This is the funniest thing I've ever read on this board.

Last edited by Funder Mark; 02-24-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fundgorilla View Post
    I would think that Trump is the only choice as he has no track record of using the legal system as a political tool
    Have you heard of eminent domain? Trump has definitely used the federal government for his own advantage, and we have no reason to think he would not do so again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...minent-domain/

Have you heard of eminent domain? Trump has definitely used the federal government for his own advantage, and we have no reason to think he would not do so again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...minent-domain/
    I think that was sarcasm.

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

In our industry a republican would be best, I am scared of Trump honestly. Its crazy how Hillary Clinton went from Sec. of State under Obama even ran against the guy and had a great chance. Now she is a liar and borderline criminal, gotta love the media. Definitely a void of good candidates this election in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Truth!!!

Member Reputation points: 1685

can't really win either way, republicans would be good until they stop paying and our debt rating collapses, clinton would be fine unless she picks out some random finance industry to make an example of to show she's "tough on wall st." sanders....best case hope congress obstructs him or else we're gonna need new jobs

Senior Member Reputation points: 2165

Just wait 'till Trump announces Bernie as his running mate

One day Trump says Cruz is a liar, the next he would pick Cruz for the Supreme Court, and he still says that Cruz may not be eligible to run for president, along with Rubio. I am waiting to Trump to say we need a wall between the US and Canada, and we need to kick the illegal Martian immigrants out.