Large Broker Shops
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Large Broker Shops

Who are some of the industries largest brokers in the arena right now? Shops with more than 10 employees and generating millions a month in MCAs.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

Why

Curious.
    Simple searches don't turn up anything as it appears brokers do not advertise on their websites they are actually brokers. It's obvious there are tons of small shops but I want to know who the big competition is.

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    Curious.
    Simple searches don't turn up anything as it appears brokers do not advertise on their websites they are actually brokers. It's obvious there are tons of small shops but I want to know who the big competition is.
    Nobody is going to know the answer to this question because quite frankly, there's not a lot of reporting done on broker shop production volume.

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Nobody is going to know the answer to this question because quite frankly, there's not a lot of reporting done on broker shop production volume.
    Yeah I guessed as much but was hoping if there are any large shops on the forum they would be willing to speak up.

Who are some of the industries largest brokers in the arena right now? Shops with more than 10 employees and generating millions a month in MCAs.
    Triton - Are you guys a direct lender or a broker?

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Yeah I guessed as much but was hoping if there are any large shops on the forum they would be willing to speak up.
    some are funders / brokers . yellow stone is definitely up there with their brooker side . Also combining all the wbl offices they have a couple of hundred people . just to mention 2 that are always on this forum .

but triton i find that not always the most people mean the most volume .

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

There are many broker shops with more than 10 employees but the majority of them fund less than 2-3 mil per month. You need to be more specific with your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin@SCP View Post
    Triton - Are you guys a direct lender or a broker?
    We're a broker.

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    There are many broker shops with more than 10 employees but the majority of them fund less than 2-3 mil per month. You need to be more specific with your question.
    It was just a general question to see who's out there. If I am in the initial stages of obtaining VC or other investments, my competition is a key factor.

Just curious.

It's a crowded field with new shops opening up and closing every month. If you're looking for brokers who fund $10+ million per month, then you'll be limited to a small handful. And these shops tend to be broker/funder hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    It's a crowded field with new shops opening up and closing every month. If you're looking for brokers who fund $10+ million per month, then you'll be limited to a small handful. And these shops tend to be broker/funder hybrids.
    Do you think it's safe to say that there are no real large broker-only shops?

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

It was just a general question to see who's out there. If I am in the initial stages of obtaining VC or other investments, my competition is a key factor.

Just curious.
    Most broker shops have 2-3 solid closers, several average outbound reps who are happy with their base salary, and a revolving door of people sold a dream of a "MAKE 6 FIGURES A YEAR" craigslist ad.

The latter is considered the best as these employees often quit after 2 months or so and the renewals go to the house which builds the portfolio.
    Tommy Stein

I think it would be hard to find broker only shops funding more than 5 million per month.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

It depends on your definition. I am sure there are more then people say, but they are usually quiet, because they do not want different funders to call them. Also, they are more likely to have select partners feeding them deals, like local bankers, rather then rely on a salesfloor.

Senior Member Reputation points: 13596 isaacdstern's Avatar

We started out as a straight broker shop but in month 3 we started funding our own deals.

Today we are probably 70/30 direct funding to brokering deals

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    It depends on your definition. I am sure there are more then people say, but they are usually quiet, because they do not want different funders to call them. Also, they are more likely to have select partners feeding them deals, like local bankers, rather then rely on a salesfloor.
    Yeah I assume the same. If a shop is generating large numbers, they don't really need to advertise themselves within a community like this. It would be nice to know who some of the bigger players are though.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

that's the reason i got rid of my signature . i was getting calls from all these new shops .

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Yeah I assume the same. If a shop is generating large numbers, they don't really need to advertise themselves within a community like this. It would be nice to know who some of the bigger players are though.
    ***Waving hand***

Like, Isaac said we started out as straight brokering out files and now its 70/30, but I know for my team it 100% in house ISO business. Our in-house funding has taken off like a rocket and we are getting bigger and better every month. However I would consider our setup to be an exception not the rule.

We're a broker.
    AS I work with Triton I can vouch that he is knowledgeable and really has his finger on the pulse of the industry and is always looking for the most creative way (read: best for merchant) to get a deal done.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

what do you mean by broker only. A lot of the bigger direct funders have affiliated sales offices. They may do a large majority of their business through their affiliated funder but still broker millions in business a month. Some of these guys are doing 15+ million a month if not more. Then you have the bigger straight broker shops with no direct bank affiliation but they syndicate 30%-50% of all deals thy fund. Their are a number of place like this doing millions a month. I would say 5-10 million avaerage for the bigger guys. Lastly your going to have the average broker shop maybe 1-2 million a month with little to no syndication. Its hard to compare the 3 because they are very different. Also the brokers who put skin in the game and are syndicating 30%-50% per deal are going to fund more because banks are more confident giving them bigger and better approvals because they have their own money in the mix.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

I think he meant that they send out deals, without being a 'DIRECT' funder, meaning that they do syndicate.

Basically if you aren't underwriting and contracting on your own paper then youd be a "broker" correct? regardless of whether or not you take advantage of the syndication opportunities presented

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    Basically if you aren't underwriting and contracting on your own paper then youd be a "broker" correct? regardless of whether or not you take advantage of the syndication opportunities presented
    That is my personal opinion. Is it your name AND money on the line? Whoever actually sends out the funds is the funder, whoever brings in the deal is the broker, even if the broker buys a piece of the action.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

I think he meant that they send out deals, without being a 'DIRECT' funder, meaning that they do syndicate.
    My numbers that I gave are just rough based on what I know of some of the people I speak to and by no means exact but I would guess I am definitely in the ballpark
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com