Large Broker Shops
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 8656

Thousands easily, but in decline.

It always goes back to how easy it is to start in this industry. All you need is the generic "~ Business Funding" name, website, fax, and bank account.

Most of these shops probably fall into the category of an owner with the mindset of:

"I have several years of experience, so I'm going to quit and open my own shop because why should I only get 30% commission?"

But you also have the stock brokers, bankers, credit card processing, SEO centers, giant call centers, etc.
    Tommy Stein

Quote Originally Posted by TStein View Post
    Thousands easily, but in decline.

It always goes back to how easy it is to start in this industry. All you need is the generic "~ Business Funding" name, website, fax, and bank account.

Most of these shops probably fall into the category of an owner with the mindset of:

"I have several years of experience, so I'm going to quit and open my own shop because why should I only get 30% commission?"

But you also have the stock brokers, bankers, credit card processing, SEO centers, giant call centers, etc.
    It just seems as though this industry doesn't have a real understandable participant base. It's so widespread and volatile. I mean if I wanted to calculate the total addressable market I wouldn't even know where to begin looking to assess the top 30 companies in this space. I would just have to rely on figures generated by large R&D firms.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2165

Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    It just seems as though this industry doesn't have a real understandable participant base. It's so widespread and volatile. I mean if I wanted to calculate the total addressable market I wouldn't even know where to begin looking to assess the top 30 companies in this space. I would just have to rely on figures generated by large R&D firms.
    I think that would be the intention of the larger shops. Why put out data/information for your competition to use? If you have something that works better than the majority of the competition, why would you want them to join your ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
    I think that would be the intention of the larger shops. Why put out data/information for your competition to use? If you have something that works better than the majority of the competition, why would you want them to join your ranks?
    Frustrating nonetheless.