Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
Yes, I can make that recommendation and that recommendation would be yourself.

There is no such thing as an external, high quality, "lead" generation source other than a referral network that you setup personally. Nobody is going to sell you a hot lead, that makes absolutely no sense because if the lead was "hot" then they would be closing the leads themselves.

What they are selling you is data, some vendors provide good data, but a lot of them provide very bad, outdated, and inaccurate data. It's your job to take that data and turn it into "leads" internally, which creates your sales pipeline. From your sales pipeline, you then create new applications. Because you are being sold data and not "leads", you need to make sure you are paying a price for said data that would allow for you to obtain a decent ROI.
Couldn't agree more. Anyone here will tell you that they were rather disappointed when they tried to outsource "lead generation." Just buy data from reputable places and figure out what is your best method to contact them with the approach that makes the most sense. Time after time I have found that the best "leads" are ones that I generate in house. Also, do not sleep on your existing database of clients, including those that have been previously declined or did not close for whatever reason. Timing is everything, Mr. Merchant that said no thank you 3 months ago may very well be in need today.