$750k - $1.5M Loan Need for Consolidation & Working Capital
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 4567 NickHubbard's Avatar

Lightbulb $750k - $1.5M Loan Need for Consolidation & Working Capital

My client needs this loan to consolidate ALL existing debt and provide working capital for the business. Company has been in business for 12 years and their 2015 sales totaled $1.3M. They are seeking a combination asset/cash flow based loan program.

Their outstanding loans currently total $580,711 with monthly service payments exceeding $68k. With the appropriate consolidation and working capital loan, their EBITDA will improve from ~$275k to ~384k with a corresponding DSCR moving from ~2 to ~2.6. With a $1M loan package they estimate their payments to be approximately $11k per month, and thus improving the monthly cash flow by ~$57k. They do realize actual gains / improvements will depend on what rates and periods of payments someone can offer.

They also have the opportunity to extend their business by acquiring our main supplier of lumber. Details will be provided once they “cement” a financing relationship. Their goal in that situation would be to accomplish the loan consolidation as previously described, provide working capital for both businesses, and have acquisition funds to obtain our lumber supplier. With a loan of $1.5M they would be able to accomplish all three strategic goals. Acquisition of the lumber business, combined with the debt consolidation, will provide and estimated EBITDA of ~$581k and allow for post-loan DSCR of 2.91. Additionally, their monthly loan service payments would improve by over $50k. Acquisition of this business adds significant cash flow to their existing business.

They are looking for a 10 year loan at no more than 10% per annum to be paid on a monthly basis.
    Last edited by NickHubbard; 02-02-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

Try a bank or real asset based private lender that will go off AR,inventory and real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by NickHubbard View Post
    My client needs this loan to consolidate ALL existing debt and provide working capital for the business. Company has been in business for 12 years and their 2015 sales totaled $1.3M. They are seeking a combination asset/cash flow based loan program.

Their outstanding loans currently total $580,711 with monthly service payments exceeding $68k. With the appropriate consolidation and working capital loan, their EBITDA will improve from ~$275k to ~384k with a corresponding DSCR moving from ~2 to ~2.6. With a $1M loan package they estimate their payments to be approximately $11k per month, and thus improving the monthly cash flow by ~$57k. They do realize actual gains / improvements will depend on what rates and periods of payments someone can offer.

They also have the opportunity to extend their business by acquiring our main supplier of lumber. Details will be provided once they “cement” a financing relationship. Their goal in that situation would be to accomplish the loan consolidation as previously described, provide working capital for both businesses, and have acquisition funds to obtain our lumber supplier. With a loan of $1.5M they would be able to accomplish all three strategic goals. Acquisition of the lumber business, combined with the debt consolidation, will provide and estimated EBITDA of ~$581k and allow for post-loan DSCR of 2.91. Additionally, their monthly loan service payments would improve by over $50k. Acquisition of this business adds significant cash flow to our existing business.

They are looking for a 10 year loan at no more than 10% per annum to be paid on a monthly basis.

Banned Reputation points: 4530

Lumber Company

Hi Nick, we should talk about this. I don't think anyone other than the SBA would write a term or installment for them for ten years.
    The ABL portion will be a revolver that rises and decrease as do the assets. I'm wondering what the assets are. The A/R is probably around 175K which leaves equipment and finished inventory. I assume that they have manufacturing equipment if they buy lumber.
    There is money available to acquire companies but more expensive than what you're are looking for.
    How about giving me a time to call and discuss the options a bit more privately.
    One thank you. You have given those of us who are in this marketplace enough information to get an idea of what the deal is. Much more than most.
    Bob

Sure, hit my inbox with your number. They dont wanna do the SBA loan though, cause they need to get funded quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bdshaw View Post
    Hi Nick, we should talk about this. I don't think anyone other than the SBA would write a term or installment for them for ten years.
    The ABL portion will be a revolver that rises and decrease as do the assets. I'm wondering what the assets are. The A/R is probably around 175K which leaves equipment and finished inventory. I assume that they have manufacturing equipment if they buy lumber.
    There is money available to acquire companies but more expensive than what you're are looking for.
    How about giving me a time to call and discuss the options a bit more privately.
    One thank you. You have given those of us who are in this marketplace enough information to get an idea of what the deal is. Much more than most.
    Bob

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

2015 ANNUAL sales were $1.3 million? That's approx $109,000 a month. they have $580,000 in outstanding debt currently?

Am I reading this correctly?

Senior Member Reputation points: 340530

Quote Originally Posted by NickHubbard View Post

They also have the opportunity to extend their business by acquiring our main supplier of lumber. Details will be provided once they “cement” a financing relationship. Their goal in that situation would be to accomplish the loan consolidation as previously described, provide working capital for both businesses, and have acquisition funds to obtain our lumber supplier. With a loan of $1.5M they would be able to accomplish all three strategic goals. Acquisition of the lumber business, combined with the debt consolidation, will provide and estimated EBITDA of ~$581k and allow for post-loan DSCR of 2.91. Additionally, their monthly loan service payments would improve by over $50k. Acquisition of this business adds significant cash flow to their existing business.

Hi Nick,

I would like to learn more about this. What is their current outstanding AR? How much inventory do they carry? What is the value of the equipment?

Best,

Kevin
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Yes, that is whats stated in the info they sent me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    2015 ANNUAL sales were $1.3 million? That's approx $109,000 a month. they have $580,000 in outstanding debt currently?

Am I reading this correctly?

Banned Reputation points: 4530

734-929-3800
    Bob Shaw
    anytime after 8:30 tomorrow

Senior Member Reputation points: 68233

Nick,

Both Bob and Kevin can likely help but given the several moving parts the client will need to understand that Lenders will need to fully understand the risk prior to funding- accordingly that will take a little time.