Hey guys. Just came across an interesting situation that I cannot wrap my head around and wondering if anyone can make sense of this to me. Spoke with an ISO that sent in his deal to what he thought was a direct funder. The "direct funder" then turns around and sends the deal to a real direct funder that approves the deal for a very large amount of money. (I know its legit because I have the contract...then again maybe it could be made up but Ill get down to the bottom of that shortly) The guy that is middle manning this between the ISO and the actual direct funder then turns around to the ISO and tells him that he is not paying him anything on this deal BEFORE the merchant has yet to sign contracts.

I am not advocating ever doing that, but if one was to screw someone over, would they not first wait to have the money before announcing that they are not paying them? What is to stop the ISO from calling the merchant and saying not to take the deal and coming up with a good reason for it?

Just trying to figure out if I am missing something here or is this some new gimick that someone else has experienced before.