Stock Market for MCA industry?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

Stock Market for MCA industry?

Stock market fall good , bad or neutral for the industry?
    China money coming into the MCA?

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

Stock market must be bad always for investors or the wealthy. Good for the industry in the sense more merchants may need money, this industry has been advertised as recession proof.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23085

Back when the recession hit and the oil well of easy credit dried up MCA was the only option. However with a slow economy comes higher defaults as demand wanes for consumer products etc.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I think a falling stock market will increase demand for MCA products but it will also drive up defaults. It's a double edged sword.

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

I guess don't lend your own money right now.. Ondeck stock is still dropping.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    this industry has been advertised as recession proof.
    Considering that the majority of the industry went out of business during the last recession, I don't know about that. And the reason it was decidedly "recession proof" back then is because deals were priced higher and merchant payments came directly from the credit card processors. There was no risk of NSFs.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

ONDK might be a buy at these levels. Even when the stock market dropped 500+ points earlier today, it only dropped 30 cents or so. It's bottoming out.

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    ONDK might be a buy at these levels. Even when the stock market dropped 500+ points earlier today, it only dropped 30 cents or so. It's bottoming out.
    With ONDK being a new financial services company (since IPO) I wouldn't touch a bank stock or financial services stock with a 10 foot pole and you pushing!! lol

A new presidential administration is soon coming and with that new fiscal policies. Historically financial services companies have not faired well in recessions.

*My statements are assuming we are heading into a recession as speculated by some.

Past performance is not indicative of future results. Must be 18 and older to apply, void where prohibited in all States.....theres my disclosure lmao

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

I was working with sean during the last recession and he taught me a few things, (please keep your eye rolls and your, "NO S***s" to yourself)
    1. Nothing is guaranteed, this recession (should it come to fruition) may affect the industry differently than 08
    2. There is a lot more money at stake in the industry now which mean more counteractive measures taken by those with something to lose
    3. 95% of payments last go around were guaranteed via CC sales, no NSFs (see Seans statement)
    4. The HEDGE FUBDS and the Government are watching very closely now
    5. MOST Important: THE INDUSTRY IS SO COMPETITIVE NOW THAT EVERYONE IS GOING TO TRY AND GET A LEG UP AND USE THIS SUPPOSED RECESSION AS THEIR LEVERAGE

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

FCF is right, look at oil at $28 per barrel. If it dips to $24-25 buy buy buy. It will be back at $60 a barrel in a quarter. Iran just got their oil on the market driving costs down. There is no way oil wont rebound easy money. Sean excellent point you made and you are correct on your assessments.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Iran hasn't even started shipping oil out yet. How do we know SA wont drive prices lower? Wait until it is up 15% from its lowest, then buy, because it will be on rebound.

If you go to Similarweb.com and punch in all the leading online lending web sites, and all the major MCA players who are not online lending, there's an interesting story being told... If you look at their traffic chart, you'll see that to a tee, they all hit traffic highs between July and August. Traffic peaked in August and has been in consistent steady decline since then. Across the board.

The DOW hit all time highs during July - Aug of 2015. It basically peaked during July and has been in steady, and now more rapid decline since August. As it relates to traffic to these sites vs. performance in the DOW... maybe this is a blip and is meaningless... Maybe there's no real correlation... But it makes me wonder... "has the industry reached its peak and is essentially poised for a major industry correction?"

This question is all the more interesting to me because it seems that this particular industry has experienced artificial growth. Getting from $3 to $7 bn in growth over a couple years (some say $20bn) makes me skeptical because market penetration has held at 1% and steady for years... I guess we'll have to ride this out and see...

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

These low oil prices are the Saudi's punishing Russia.