Pretty face with ugly teeth
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 4936 HFS's Avatar

Pretty face with ugly teeth

At one my favorite funders I've been dealing with the absolute worst ISO rep I have ever dealt with. Does not understand the industry, does not understand the process of dealing with merchants, does not pick up the phone, is always in a meeting(WE KNOW YOUR NOT ALWAYS IN A MEETING) and cant even complete basic task like forwarding me the stips. I have only submitted 5 deals to this rep but I feel its 5 too many.
    MY QUESTION IS:
    Is it undermining and rude to contact the Director and ask to be represented by another rep?
    Please help, I am about to jump off of a bridge.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23085

I would ask for someone more competent in a professional manner, nothing wrong with wanting someone who speaks the same language so you know your files are being handled correctly.

Just curious, is this a FL / Miami based lender?

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

100 percent you can ask . and i have the same question as fcf

Quote Originally Posted by FCF Fund View Post
    I would ask for someone more competent in a professional manner, nothing wrong with wanting someone who speaks the same language so you know your files are being handled correctly.

Just curious, is this a FL / Miami based lender?
    Its is ... NOT a FL/Miami based lender.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HFS View Post
    At one my favorite funders I've been dealing with the absolute worst ISO rep I have ever dealt with. Does not understand the industry, does not understand the process of dealing with merchants, does not pick up the phone, is always in a meeting(WE KNOW YOUR NOT ALWAYS IN A MEETING) and cant even complete basic task like forwarding me the stips. I have only submitted 5 deals to this rep but I feel its 5 too many.
    MY QUESTION IS:
    Is it undermining and rude to contact the Director and ask to be represented by another rep?
    100% you can ask for a new rep, I would do it politely without totally bad mouthing your current rep but you can definitely ask for someone different
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

If this rep is as bad as you say, the manager would want to know this asap, so they will avoid losing your business.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    100% you can ask for a new rep, I would do it politely without totally bad mouthing your current rep but you can definitely ask for someone different
    Agreed, because in the end if they are "One of your favorite funders" but this certain Rep isn't getting the job done then it behooves you to act. There are plenty of ways to do this in a professional manner that will see you get the results you want without having to throw anyone under the bus to their superiors.

In the interest of full disclosure I have had a few ISO shops that for whatever reasons we didn't work well together and I willing had them move to another team and they're doing very well with that Team. It hurt my pride a little bit but at the end of the day if I respect the company I work for then I will let professionalism trump my ego.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23085

Its is ... NOT a FL/Miami based lender.
    Ok good because coincidentally enough Im in the Miami area and I know a few ISO reps that fit your physical description lol

Banned Reputation points: 17587

Ok good because coincidentally enough Im in the Miami area and I know a few ISO reps that fit your physical description lol
    lmao

Ouch....did you not see above where I blabbed on about "professionalism"? Do you wanna be the pot of the kettle?

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

lol was going to ask why the Miami ISO question but I think I get it. I think the ISO/broker relationship is crucial, when you have that guy that knows the industry and what it takes to get a deal done. The ISO can assist you in not only getting an approval but in the contract phase also. It should be an extension of the ISO relaying information on whats going on, things needed/missing, or expediting a file to fund. A great ISO can review a deal and know if it will pass or not saving you time. The communication can really break down when speaking to UW's who are busy doing Underwriting and don't care about the story behind every deal.
    Last edited by TheShitzuofMCA; 01-12-2016 at 12:12 PM.

jotucker1983
    MY QUESTION IS:
    No, it's not rude at all. You work hard to produce the new applications that you produce, your effort in turn not just makes you money, but makes your Funders money. You don't have time to deal with an "Account Rep" that can't spell Merchant Cash Advance, who doesn't understand a Stip list, and who is running around like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to "figure out" what industry they signed up for.

So yes, call up who you need to and make these issues known as you probably aren't the only Broker experiencing said problems, which do nothing but cost all players involved time and money.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 01-12-2016 at 12:33 PM.

You are a savage

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    lol was going to ask why the Miami ISO question but I think I get it. I think the ISO/broker relationship is crucial, when you have that guy that knows the industry and what it takes to get a deal done. The ISO can assist you in not only getting an approval but in the contract phase also. It should be an extension of the ISO relaying information on whats going on, things needed/missing, or expediting a file to fund. A great ISO can review a deal and know if it will pass or not saving you time. The communication can really break down when speaking to UW's who are busy doing Underwriting and don't care about the story behind every deal.
    Amen, what lender are you with?

Personally I prefer banks that allow me to deal directly with the underwriter/decision maker. No matter how good an account rep is they can never explain the details on the account better then the person who is actually working directly with the merchant. These are the relationships that I have seen work out the best
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    No, it's not rude at all. You work hard to produce the new applications that you produce, your effort in turn not just makes you money, but makes your Funders money. You don't have time to deal with an "Account Rep" that can't spell Merchant Cash Advance, who doesn't understand a Stip list, and who is running around like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to "figure out" what industry they signed up for.

So yes, call up who you need to and make these issues known as you probably aren't the only Broker experiencing said problems, which do nothing but cost all players involved time and money.
    I think that we will have to agree to disagree on this because it would be insanely rude and be very telling about your own character were you to go about switching reps by trashing your current one and throwing the equivalent of a temper tantrum. Im speaking from experience on this. Let me play devils advocate and what happens if you go about it by being rude etc and then 3 weeks later find that "the grass isn't greener"?

have to agree with Andy here.. Joe what you have to realize when you complain about your account rep, that rep may be friends with the person you are complaining to and be able to turn it around on you and make you look like an "UNREASONABLE SALES GUY", even when thats not the case. the person you are complaining to will be much quicker to believe you are being unreasonable then that their employee which another ISO loves to work with is incompetent. By taking the high road and just politely asking for a new rep you will be much more likely to end up with a result that will help you to fund more deals in the future. How do you think the new rep is gonna feel about working with you if the first thing he hears about you is how you threw your old rep under the bus. Sometimes in order to get deals done and maintain relationships you have to bite your tongue and take the high road. Believe me not easy to do and will be the first to say not something i have always been abel to do, in the end you will fund more deals
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Agree with Andy on this.
    Last edited by Kevin Henry-Seacoast; 01-12-2016 at 01:49 PM.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    Agree with Andy on this. It is better to have a conversation with the lender to understand why there might be a delay in response. Perhaps the person has a personal issue that was not revealed that is affecting their capabilities or they are slammed with a lot of work. In either case you are far better off asking the person "how can I help?". This is a relationship business.
    this is a BUSINESS relationship business. lol. We sell money, not puppies. No emotions involved. Time is power.

[QUOTE=HFS;37928]this is a BUSINESS relationship business. lol. We sell money, not puppies. No emotions involved. Time is power.[/QUOT

The key words are relationship and time. How much more time are you going to have t waste to build relationships if you are portrayed as someone who trashes your rep to anyone who will listen because that was your modus operandi / way to get what you want.

Please know that Im not saying that some people don't deserve that or worse, but ultimately if "business is business" then conducting ourselves in a "professional" manner should be the status quo

Sponsor Reputation points: 429

This man said we sell money not puppies... I'm dead. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

[QUOTE=AndyYSCISOdept;37946]
    this is a BUSINESS relationship business. lol. We sell money, not puppies. No emotions involved. Time is power.[/QUOT

The key words are relationship and time. How much more time are you going to have t waste to build relationships if you are portrayed as someone who trashes your rep to anyone who will listen because that was your modus operandi / way to get what you want.

Please know that Im not saying that some people don't deserve that or worse, but ultimately if "business is business" then conducting ourselves in a "professional" manner should be the status quo

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

this is a BUSINESS relationship business. lol. We sell money, not puppies. No emotions involved. Time is power.
    You sent your rep 5 deals. This won't qualify you for the red carpet treatment at any lender. They'll put your grievances in their company suggestion box.

My red carpet stays out....welcome to YSC with Andy Mac!

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    I think that we will have to agree to disagree on this because it would be insanely rude and be very telling about your own character were you to go about switching reps by trashing your current one and throwing the equivalent of a temper tantrum.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    have to agree with Andy here.. Joe what you have to realize when you complain about your account rep, that rep may be friends with the person you are complaining to and be able to turn it around on you and make you look like an "UNREASONABLE SALES GUY", even when thats not the case.
    I'm referring more to what HFS reported originally, in that the Account Rep didn't understand the industry, doesn't know how to handle merchants, doesn't respond to telephone calls, and doesn't forward over stips properly. Guys I'm sorry but that is total incompetence based on what HFS is reporting.

I quite honestly wouldn't even request another Account Rep, if the Account Rep was like this then I would think the entire organization was like this, and send my deals elsewhere. None of my Partners have ever operated like this and I've had a number of different Account Reps, all of which were competent.

I'm referring more to what HFS reported originally, in that the Account Rep didn't understand the industry, doesn't know how to handle merchants, doesn't respond to telephone calls, and doesn't forward over stips properly. Guys I'm sorry but that is total incompetence based on what HFS is reporting.

I quite honestly wouldn't even request another Account Rep, if the Account Rep was like this then I would think the entire organization was like this, and send my deals elsewhere. None of my Partners have ever operated like this and I've had a number of different Account Reps, all of which were competent.
    You hit it on the head with a nail.