Pretty face with ugly teeth - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    I'm referring more to what HFS reported originally, in that the Account Rep didn't understand the industry, doesn't know how to handle merchants, doesn't respond to telephone calls, and doesn't forward over stips properly. Guys I'm sorry but that is total incompetence based on what HFS is reporting.

I quite honestly wouldn't even request another Account Rep, if the Account Rep was like this then I would think the entire organization was like this, and send my deals elsewhere. None of my Partners have ever operated like this and I've had a number of different Account Reps, all of which were competent.
    he started his statement with "AT ONE OF MY FAVORITE FUNDERS" based on that statement I assume this is a new account rep and he has had better ones in the past. If this is his only rep he worked with I dont see how this could be one of his favorite funders. That said I was going with a solution that gave the best chance of getting back to the original relationship he had with them. Now if he has no ****s to give and wants to blow up the relationship then by all means throw the guy under the bus and tear him apart, being that is not what I think he wants to do I still be doing it politely is the best option
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Well said, very good point.

Senior Member Reputation points: 4936 HFS's Avatar

This is baffling that the main concern this post brings is rather or not someone would badmouth. Anyone that would consider to just call and badmouth a rep has no guts.

I called my rep, asked if she was new to the industry and offered to help her in anyway possible. She apologized and said she was "looking forward to finish training"...... Clearly its an issue that funders are not hiring experienced reps due to the possibility of having deals compromised but on the other hand at least this funder has placed a rep to work without full knowledge of the job they do which ultimately can be an expensive mistake. None the less patience and time is going to win this battle.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    he started his statement with "AT ONE OF MY FAVORITE FUNDERS" based on that statement I assume this is a new account rep and he has had better ones in the past. If this is his only rep he worked with I dont see how this could be one of his favorite funders. That said I was going with a solution that gave the best chance of getting back to the original relationship he had with them. Now if he has no ****s to give and wants to blow up the relationship then by all means throw the guy under the bus and tear him apart, being that is not what I think he wants to do I still be doing it politely is the best option

So John, what your saying (if I may paraphrase) if there are ZERO ****S GIVEN then RIP EM UP! Is that a correct assumption?

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    So John, what your saying (if I may paraphrase) if there are ZERO ****S GIVEN then RIP EM UP! Is that a correct assumption?
    absolutely, I find this and collections calls are both good stress relievers when having a bad day
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by HFS View Post
    This is baffling that the main concern this post brings is rather or not someone would badmouth. Anyone that would consider to just call and badmouth a rep has no guts.

I called my rep, asked if she was new to the industry and offered to help her in anyway possible. She apologized and said she was "looking forward to finish training"...... Clearly its an issue that funders are not hiring experienced reps due to the possibility of having deals compromised but on the other hand at least this funder has placed a rep to work without full knowledge of the job they do which ultimately can be an expensive mistake. None the less patience and time is going to win this battle.

Thank you all for your suggestions.
    WHOA WHOA WHOA, this changes everything....no seriously....if they have you dealing with someone in training then the bigger issue is, "how much value do I hold to one of my favorite funders"????

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    absolutely, I find this and collections calls are both good stress relievers when having a bad day
    lmao

100% on that. Im sure I am not the only ISO dealing with the inconvenience and possible misrepresentation.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by HFS View Post
    Clearly its an issue that funders are not hiring experienced reps due to the possibility of having deals compromised.
    Yeah, makes total sense. Hire people with no experience so you can burn leads, all in the name of saving deals. How about hiring trustworthy people and using internal controls to monitor activity? Nah...