Tired of Getting Deals Killed At Funding?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Tired of Getting Deals Killed At Funding?

I've had SO MANY deals killed at the funding stage because of UCCs or Tax Liens. I finally found a solution to this. It costs me a couple of bucks, but it's worth it. I can check my guys before I submit them to make sure they don't have any UCC filings or liens. Message me if you want more info - I'm not sure if it would be considered advertising. I've avoided the "last-minute" doc request because I know who I'm working with up front.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaynyone View Post
    I've had SO MANY deals killed at the funding stage because of UCCs or Tax Liens. I finally found a solution to this. It costs me a couple of bucks, but it's worth it. I can check my guys before I submit them to make sure they don't have any UCC filings or liens. Message me if you want more info - I'm not sure if it would be considered advertising. I've avoided the "last-minute" doc request because I know who I'm working with up front.
    why not just ask the merchant when you are gathering the initial paperwork? Why make more difficult then it is?
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    why not just ask the merchant when you are gathering the initial paperwork? Why make more difficult then it is?
    Have you never had a merchant lie to you? I know I have - way too often!

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

Your solution is inexact unfortunately. Not every funder or bank files a UCC, quite a few do not. Furthermore, you would have to know the EXACT entity name and spelling (and assume that the proper spelling made it to the UCC form) to look up a filed UCC for a previous transaction.

Just for giggles though, what is your solution?

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Its worse then that. Many funders are only filing a fee if the merchant defaults. That means you are working on clients who may have just recently defaulted on another funder.

Senior Member Reputation points: 306908

i rarely have decline on the one yard line for ucc or tax liens . The most is mtd is bad, fraud or they find criminal history

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    i rarely have decline on the one yard line for ucc or tax liens . The most is mtd is bad, fraud or they find criminal history
    100% agree, Or you get the merchant that 3 weeks in to the month have done 20% of the volume you'd normally expect to see. Things like that are really frustrating because as a funder there isn't anything you can do.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Just had one killed because they are doing 25% of last years volume. Last 3 months were great, but as soon as we saw the payback the deal was killed. No way to check for that upfront.

Have you never had a merchant lie to you? I know I have - way too often!
    Yes I have had a merchant lie to me but not that often that iI need some extra process to account for it. Also like everyone else is saying it is a much smaller problem then volume falling off
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    Yes I have had a merchant lie to me but not that often that iI need some extra process to account for it. Also like everyone else is saying it is a much smaller problem then volume falling off
    I understand. We can, however, validate identification and ownership up front through both manual search and API. If this is something you or your company might be interested in, let me know. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by what we have to offer as well as who backs our solutions.

This may not be for you - I get it. If you're processing more than 50 applications per month, however, we can give you a 1 week trial to see if our solution fits into your workflow. Drop me a message and I'll get things moving for you on the free trial.

I understand. We can, however, validate identification and ownership up front through both manual search and API. If this is something you or your company might be interested in, let me know. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by what we have to offer as well as who backs our solutions.

This may not be for you - I get it. If you're processing more than 50 applications per month, however, we can give you a 1 week trial to see if our solution fits into your workflow. Drop me a message and I'll get things moving for you on the free trial.
    Appreciate it but just not a service I feel we have a use for
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

We can, however, validate identification and ownership up front through both manual search and API. If this is something you or your company might be interested in, let me know.
    Isn't this what the underwriters at funding companies already do? Or are supposed to at least...