This is true. I don't envy anyone starting an ISO right now that doesn't have a serious command of the mechanics of advanced sales ability, organizational leadership, team building, marketing strategies, business management, and most of all, plenty of capital. I work 6-7 days a week, and when I'm not in the office, I'm jotting down ideas and thinking about how to get an edge. Sometimes in the middle of the night I'll have to write an idea down. Call it an obsession, but I know just how many other people want the same clientele I want, and if I'm not better, sharper, smarter, and more confident than the other 20 or 30 salespeople this month calling my merchant, I lose, and I don't like to lose.

I can't tell you enough about the wannabes I've dealt with in this business, that want to make the money, have approached me for help, and don't know the first thing about how to get started. Many have picked my brain, and felt they filled up on enough knowledge to get by, then are banging on my door a month later, thirsty for more. Luckily, I have the jokers out of the deck now, and am doing fantastically - partnered up with someone who really knows the business and has given me the tools to succeed.