Breakout Capital
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Breakout Capital

Anyone work with this company?

I have been solicited several times to sign up but dont have much info on them.

Thanks in advance.

Great Company. Funded a few deals with them already. Rob, the head underwriter knows his business and Carl is a great resource.

Definitely recommend.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Carl Fairbank, the CEO from there posts on here regularly.
    username: Cfairbank

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Great people, great funding model!

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

Thanks for the recommendation and kind words Michael and Amanda!

2014Funding, who reached out to you from my company? We don't do that much outbound telemarketing to ISOs. Happy to give you some more details on what we do if you'd like, just shoot me an email at the address in signature.
    Last edited by Cfairbank; 01-06-2016 at 08:57 PM.
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 24139

Intro to Breakout Capital

For those that don't know us, here's a high level summary / key differentiators. Through the ISO channel, we are primarily focused on consolidations. We have no maximum positions consolidated, no net required by the merchant, and no minimum credit score (max deal size here 100K). If the merchant has been able to support high advance/loan payments, we will aggressively pursue the deal and should be able to cut their payments by at least 50% (in a full balance transfer) and, when also providing additional capital, meaningfully lower scheduled payments while also providing additional working capital. The vast majority of deals we do in the ISO channel are consolidations.

Below are a few of our differentiators from some of the other folks in the market:
    • Heavy focus on consolidations. This is our sweet spot. The merchant isn’t required to net anything, no maximum positions consolidated, no minimum credit score.
    • Repayment flexibility — we offer daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly repayment options. That said, we underwrite monthly repayments different than daily/weekly unless the merchant receives a single scheduled, contractual payment — we need to ensure the avg daily balance is sufficient to cover our monthly draw.
    • No origination, PSF, bank, ACH setup, or any other type of fee unless we are consolidating three or more positions (then it still is nominal). We also do NOT charge NSF fees — these two concepts are extremely appealing to merchants
    • Our advance operates like more of a line of credit than an advance — a customer can draw additional capital at anytime as long as they have been making regular scheduled payments. We will do a simple re-underwriting at no cost (focused primarily on review of bank statements to ensure they did not take additional capital and business didn’t fall off a cliff) and can typically wire the additional funds the same day (again, no fee to merchant). We also offer term loans in 35 states (and growing).

Where we aren’t as competitive is on up front commission rate — we don’t use buy-rates, and have a fixed 5% commission (though do also offer performance incentives). The backbone of our company is based on several large strategic relationships (and the cost to acquire a customer there is materially lower), but we have been growing quickly in the ISO channel over the past months. Despite the seemingly lower commission rate, in consolidations, the 5% on a full consolidation should produce a materially higher commission than 12% on a smaller third or fourth position. We also pay the same 5% on every draw or renewal, and since our advance is more a line of credit than an advance, this should create an ongoing commission stream for the ISO as long as the merchant is a customer of ours (we will reject any draws if the merchant stacks us).
    Carl Fairbank
    Founder & CEO boldMODE
    www.boldmode.com
    Carl@boldmode.com
    Founder & former CEO of Breakout Capital (sold to SecurCapital in 2019)
    www.breakoutfinance.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 7360

Quote Originally Posted by 2014FUNDING View Post
    Anyone work with this company?

I have been solicited several times to sign up but dont have much info on them.

Thanks in advance.
    I am a direct lender doing a lot of consolidations and Carl is a friendly competitor (he does deals less than $100k and I do those larger than $100k). In all my interactions with Carl and Breakout Capital, I have found them to be highly responsive and ethical. Have sent several clients to them. Nothing but good things to say about them.

Hope that helps,

Dan Page
    dan@fundingstrategypartners.com