Training Materials (will pay)
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

My company has been around for about 3 years now with 5 of us total including me. I have about 8 years of experience in the industry mostly coming from the Equipment Leasing side. The reason for my post is I brought my reps a long at the same time & trained them to be very successful. I am now looking to hire additional reps, I do not have the time to come up with sales material nor can I walk them a long like I did with my other reps. I am curious if any you have any training material which would make it a lot easier on my time & to get these new reps trained efficiently with product knowledge & how the process works. I then have time to train on the phones as I have sales scripts they can use. Hopefully we can work something out that would benefit us both. PM me.

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Emailed

Senior Member Reputation points: 118209 ridextreme's Avatar

tbh the best training material is to sit them down at a phone with a list and a basic script to use as a foundation. As they get submissions in they will start to get the hang of it.

I think a hands-on approach is much better than trying to learn from a textbook.

Do you have a script?
    Doran M. Summers
    Small Business Loans & Commercial Loans
    3960 Howard Hughes Parkway Suite #500
    Las Vegas, NV 89169
    Doran@DoranSummers.com
    Www.DoranSummersFunding.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    tbh the best training material is to sit them down at a phone with a list and a basic script to use as a foundation. As they get submissions in they will start to get the hang of it.

I think a hands-on approach is much better than trying to learn from a textbook.
    Very true! Listen, Learn, get comfortable on the phones but knowledge is confidence too. Having something to piece together your thoughts while you are on the spot doesn't hurt.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Agree with Ride. Very hard to script every nuance of this game. I've mentored many reps over the years and realized one simple truth - they either got "it" or they don't, and you can generally tell after the first couple weeks or month who's going to be successful, and who's never going to blossom no matter how good the training is.

At the end of the day, it's not so much sales as it is making connections over the phone with the prospect. We're not "selling" anything. Money sells itself. You don't need to point out the benefits of how extra money or equipment can benefit someone's business, but a simple and true fact is that people are attracted to confidence, personality, and knowledge. Without the first two, which you can't train someone to have, you have a lemon sales rep who will burn your leads and waste your money.

Good luck with the expansion.