Star Wars
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
    I thought it was the worst Star Wars movie out of all of them. I was quite disappointed by all the hype.
    Felt the same way. Ford was there for the easy money, and without Lucas and Spielberg, what you are left with is a cheap Star Wars knockoff.

As soon as the pilot busted out that joke about "How does this work? Do I talk first, or do you?" in the opening scene when captured by Kylo Ren, I knew I was in for a long 2 hours.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2165

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Felt the same way. Ford was there for the easy money, and without Lucas and Spielberg, what you are left with is a cheap Star Wars knockoff.

As soon as the pilot busted out that joke about "How does this work? Do I talk first, or do you?" in the opening scene when captured by Kylo Ren, I knew I was in for a long 2 hours.
    Yeah pretty much a copycat of the earlier movies, not to mention how the two main characters seem to have a habit of mastering skills in 10 seconds or less. I will admit that the marketing and media did an excellent job though, it amazes me how much money they made on a movie that wasn't even that good other than special effects which weren't even impressive compared to other movies in their prime.