There is NO Protocol for Circumventing
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Today I found myself in the middle of the most stupid deal debacle and I am sick and tired of dealing with it and I am sure, those who were called/involved or ever dealt with this type of BS is too.

#1 It's a small industry. Even me in swamp town USA, 100 miles away from your nearest funding or broker office knows and sees almost everything.

#2 There is no Wizard of Oz, Police, President, or Jesus Hotline to complain or get help from. If it's serious- get legal help.

#3 DON'T GO visiting or threatening anyone, dropping names, or acting like you're on a World Star video. What is that going to solve anyways?

#4... secure your Merchants. The only reason why I didn't worry is because the Merchant was secured. I just felt horrible that there were over 6 credit pulls today (alone) and numerous calls from people he's never worked with.

#5 Back to the really small industry part... There are companies who have formed partnerships that go way beyond signing a piece of paper. Funding Companies and Brokerage companies are coming together on a lot of issues and odds are- Certain applications or people are recognized will get phone calls to confirm relationships.

Real recognizes real. Whether you are a bad apple, have a bad apple, or you are a basket of bad apples- your tactics are getting sloppy.

Sincerely,

A lot of people in this Industry but I can't name names but I want to so bad

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

what happened?
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 4936 HFS's Avatar

You cant get emotional, we sell money, not puppies lol

#3 actually all because someone saw big dollar deposits and decided to shop- on the same application. Miscommunication and jumping the gun. Everyone points fingers but usually the culprit has no idea what is going on either. We're just a bunch of people pointing fingers while someone's in the background laughing.
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Real definitely recognizes real.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post
    Today I found myself in the middle of the most stupid deal debacle and I am sick and tired of dealing with it and I am sure, those who were called/involved or ever dealt with this type of BS is too.

#1 It's a small industry. Even me in swamp town USA, 100 miles away from your nearest funding or broker office knows and sees almost everything.

#2 There is no Wizard of Oz, Police, President, or Jesus Hotline to complain or get help from. If it's serious- get legal help.

#3 DON'T GO visiting or threatening anyone, dropping names, or acting like you're on a World Star video. What is that going to solve anyways?

#4... secure your Merchants. The only reason why I didn't worry is because the Merchant was secured. I just felt horrible that there were over 6 credit pulls today (alone) and numerous calls from people he's never worked with.

#5 Back to the really small industry part... There are companies who have formed partnerships that go way beyond signing a piece of paper. Funding Companies and Brokerage companies are coming together on a lot of issues and odds are- Certain applications or people are recognized will get phone calls to confirm relationships.

Real recognizes real. Whether you are a bad apple, have a bad apple, or you are a basket of bad apples- your tactics are getting sloppy.

Sincerely,

A lot of people in this Industry but I can't name names but I want to so bad

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Can we get details like Mr. X poached Merchant Y and sent it to lender Z? Interested to know what brought on these commandments of the MCA space.

Quote Originally Posted by HFS View Post
    You cant get emotional, we sell money, not puppies lol
    True... The people I work with Sell money all day. There is no hard emotions but there is frustration from all sides.
    Last edited by WhoisKingsley; 12-10-2015 at 09:46 PM.

Due diligence-I got burned once- should have done more due diligence.
    Last edited by happysales; 12-11-2015 at 04:09 PM.

learned a valuable lesson.
    Last edited by happysales; 12-11-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2697

I think we should start a thread titled:

- The NO GO Lenders List -

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VFG View Post
    I think we should start a thread titled:

- The NO GO Lenders List -
    Lets avoid that. How about a thread with a clear, simple, specific list of acts every broker should watch out for, to avoid in a lender?

Last edited by happysales; 12-11-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2697

That would work Funder Mark

Senior Member Reputation points: 4936 HFS's Avatar

Its our responsibility as the voices of the industry to responsibly conduct our due diligence and do right by the business owners that we fund. Do your research, ask questions, read your ISO agreements, reread your ISO agreement, ask more questions and most importantly: WHEN IN DOUBT PULL OUT!

Ok I am probably the most suitable to answer your question- WHY - I am an ISO since 2002 that trumps most all , ' cept ALan Nussbaum .
    Ive been a real Funder , Ive been a large ISO and now , I am sick of the BS - I have 5 ppl do my thing . I only deal with real funders. Everyone says they are but teres only 5 or 6
    First ask the merchant to sign for code to pull a credit B . its like 4425, 1234 , etc... Then that will alleviate one concern .
    Next be careful whom you deal with , New Era is Fox , is BIzFi , is also 3 or 4 others . tricky navagation .

call me if you wish, I have no agenda , I am not trying to have you give me deals , just being a human being -
    Matt 917 576 3557

I agree but it must be based on true continual grievances not simply one decline that should be funded etc... work it up .
    I am in .

Banned Reputation points: 179851

I set a Trap to find out who is backdooring Submissions. Submitted app and statements all with diff emails for each lender.

3 diff Debt Settlement companies keep calling and all have same email for me.

One lender I have concrete proof is backdooring to debt settlement companies.

Backdoor and try to fund is one thing.... but this.... as a lender encouraging this BS - Is crazy to me

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    I set a Trap to find out who is backdooring Submissions. Submitted app and statements all with diff emails for each lender.

3 diff Debt Settlement companies keep calling and all have same email for me.

One lender I have concrete proof is backdooring to debt settlement companies.

Backdoor and try to fund is one thing.... but this.... as a lender encouraging this BS - Is crazy to me

please do tell who is it?

I have contacted them and truly believe it is a rogue rep....

If I find out that any higher ups know or are involved I will trash the whole company, but i won't as long as i feel like they are being transparent and working to identify who did the backdooring and terminate those involved.

Senior Member Reputation points: 203690

Quote Originally Posted by ryan $ View Post
    I have contacted them and truly believe it is a rogue rep....

If I find out that any higher ups know or are involved I will trash the whole company, but i won't as long as i feel like they are being transparent and working to identify who did the backdooring and terminate those involved.
    fair enough. We had a issue just like this with a big time lender tier 1 and wanted to see if it was same. its second time we caught them back dooring. First time to make up for it, they gave us bonus pts the following month.

Quote Originally Posted by c4get View Post
    Ok I am probably the most suitable to answer your question- WHY - I am an ISO since 2002 that trumps most all , ' cept ALan Nussbaum .
    Ive been a real Funder , Ive been a large ISO and now , I am sick of the BS - I have 5 ppl do my thing . I only deal with real funders. Everyone says they are but teres only 5 or 6
    First ask the merchant to sign for code to pull a credit B . its like 4425, 1234 , etc... Then that will alleviate one concern .
    Next be careful whom you deal with , New Era is Fox , is BIzFi , is also 3 or 4 others . tricky navagation .

call me if you wish, I have no agenda , I am not trying to have you give me deals , just being a human being -
    Matt 917 576 3557
    Only 5 or 6? Smh

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    what happened?
    "Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why."
    Rusty Ryan
    Ocean's Twelve