Quote Originally Posted by jfranz17 View Post
This has me wondering how this partnership is really going to work. Right now, OnDeck uses Bank of the Internet to originate. Are loans funding through the JPM channel going to be originated by JPM? Is JPM keeping any of the deals on their balance sheet and/or package and sell on a secondary market? Will they be integrating their marketing? Or are they just going to send referrals/turn downs to OnDeck? If it's the latter, I don't see this partnership being a real needle mover for OnDeck. Will be interesting to see how this evolves.
they are not testing a pilot until 2016. so a lot is TBD. thanks Sean, i tend to go from a to z quickly assuming people get the basic facts. the bottom line is that JPM will not have contracts that refer to cents on the dollar....they will have to disclose the APR. Does Jamie want headlines that its customers are being charged a 40% APR for business loans? No of course not. Most likely Chase will determine the underwriting criteria and pricing and ondeck will provide a white label service. Does ondeck get the declines.....that would be interesting, but if a chase decline was offered a 8 month 1.3 daily pay from ondeck...