I need help for a new sales-person
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by lrodda View Post
    These shops actually make my job easier. I know how to cut them at the knees. How do you get a prospect to trust you? Inform them, not to the point that it kills the deal but at least tell them how the industry works and how you are different.
    Since it hasn't been answered clearly I'd be curious as to how you define a direct funder. Is it someone who never ever brokers a deal out, and funds 100% of every deals always without any outside syndication? You mentioned seeing a broker pulling daily, so why is that not enough to meet your criteria of a direct funder? Even reputable and enormous lenders like SFS have a huge platform for syndication. (this is to Michael's point) So if you send 1000 deals to SFS and syndicate 50% on every one of them aren't you entitled to view yourself as much as a funder as them since you've matched them dollar for dollar? Do YSC, FORA and the majority of other well known Funders that broker deals out when needed disqualify them as a REAL FUNDER in your eyes? I think this subject matter has become more political than anything else. Views will be different and vary depending on many circumstances and situations. Direct funders are in the eye of the beholder perhaps? lol

The one thing we can all agree upon is that the friction on this topic is due to the brokers that lie about who they are and what they really do.

Lastly if someone not back dooring a deal qualifies them as a real funder, doesn't that really mean that your qualification is limited by what you know or your lack thereof. Meaning your list isn't a list but more of an esoteric ideal constantly changing. (I can assure you there is probably people on your list that pushed a deal of yours to another channel and you just don't know about it)
    Last edited by cardinalequity; 12-01-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Member Reputation points: 52 lrodda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalequity View Post
    Since it hasn't been answered clearly I'd be curious as to how you define a direct funder. Is it someone who never ever brokers a deal out, and funds 100% of every deals always without any outside syndication? You mentioned seeing a broker pulling daily, so why is that not enough to meet your criteria of a direct funder? Even reputable and enormous lenders like SFS have a huge platform for syndication. (this is to Michael's point) So if you send 1000 deals to SFS and syndicate 50% on every one of them aren't you entitled to view yourself as much as a funder as them since you've matched them dollar for dollar? Do YSC, FORA and the majority of other well known Funders that broker deals out when needed disqualify them as a REAL FUNDER in your eyes? I think this subject matter has become more political than anything else. Views will be different and vary depending on many circumstances and situations. Direct funders are in the eye of the beholder perhaps? lol

The one thing we can all agree upon is that the friction on this topic is due to the brokers that lie about who they are and what they really do.

Lastly if someone not back dooring a deal qualifies them as a real funder, doesn't that really mean that your qualification is limited by what you know or your lack thereof. Meaning your list isn't a list but more of an esoteric ideal constantly changing. (I can assure you there is probably people on your list that pushed a deal of yours to another channel and you just don't know about it)
    Doesn't matter how they get the money. What matters is the rate that is given to me to present to a client. If there is too many middle men on the deal then its hard to have a competitive offer. I am referring to ISO shops who claim to be funding companies but are just brokers. Usually bigger funding companies give the cheapest offers. As long as I can get competitive offers quickly with good commission payout it doesn't matter to me if they are direct or not. Yes I've seen broker shops on bank statements and I still won't say they are direct funders because they don't only fund deals, they broker out also. Chances are they are going to send to the same banks I'm already signed with anyways.
    Luis Rodda

K&S Finance

Direct: 786-720-2381
    Office: 305-546-7866
    Fax: 305-402-0865
    E-mai: luis.rodda@ksfinance.biz

Member Reputation points: 52 lrodda's Avatar

Either you go for highest commission or cheapest deal you choose how you want to work. What I will not accept is lies. If your shop isn't dedicated to funding deals then I'm not sending you any. Simple.
    Luis Rodda

K&S Finance

Direct: 786-720-2381
    Office: 305-546-7866
    Fax: 305-402-0865
    E-mai: luis.rodda@ksfinance.biz

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cardinalequity View Post
    Direct funders are in the eye of the beholder perhaps? lol
    Quote of the day. Direct funders are in the eye of the beholder