I need help for a new sales-person
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Member Reputation points: 194

People lying in the industry? I can't believe it. But seriously, this is going on way too much. It's very bad for business in general, it puts merchants off and creates tension between companies. I have even heard of merchants trying (key word is trying) to sue MCA companies over this stuff. For example, merchant was told they were going to be funded with a direct lender Company A but the rep just did not fund it in house; they brokered the deal out to a bottom feeder company Company D though the merchant was told that they were to be funded with Company A. This could easily be avoided by say, READING THE CONTRACT; the merchant is responsible for signing the thing without reading it and it's no one else's oversight but their own, in that regard. Again, though I do not think this case stands a chance in court (disclaimer: I am also not a lawyer) it is important to be upfront if you hope to build credibility and maintain relationships. In my experience with direct lenders we did not outsource any deals, but it really depends on the company. If reps are shopping deals out, they shouldn't be misleading people. But I digress...

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by Lexgroup View Post
    People lying in the industry? I can't believe it. But seriously, this is going on way too much. It's very bad for business in general, it puts merchants off and creates tension between companies. I have even heard of merchants trying (key word is trying) to sue MCA companies over this stuff. For example, merchant was told they were going to be funded with a direct lender Company A but the rep just did not fund it in house; they brokered the deal out to a bottom feeder company Company D though the merchant was told that they were to be funded with Company A. This could easily be avoided by say, READING THE CONTRACT; the merchant is responsible for signing the thing without reading it and it's no one else's oversight but their own, in that regard. Again, though I do not think this case stands a chance in court (disclaimer: I am also not a lawyer) it is important to be upfront if you hope to build credibility and maintain relationships. In my experience with direct lenders we did not outsource any deals, but it really depends on the company. If reps are shopping deals out, they shouldn't be misleading people. But I digress...

Lex you hit it on the head. There is responsibility on both sides as with many of the other debates we have on here *cough* STACKING *cough*. But at the end of the day if you as a (fill in the position) need to use deception to complete yuour task then you 1. Shouldn't be in that position 2. Wont last long anyways

Member Reputation points: 52 lrodda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    Lex you hit it on the head. There is responsibility on both sides as with many of the other debates we have on here *cough* STACKING *cough*. But at the end of the day if you as a (fill in the position) need to use deception to complete yuour task then you 1. Shouldn't be in that position 2. Wont last long anyways
    These types of shops bulldog merchants into taking the capital. On the other hand you can use intelligence to build a real book of business. I'd rather have clients that love me and keep coming back than turning and burning and letting a lesser man receive the commission.
    Luis Rodda

K&S Finance

Direct: 786-720-2381
    Office: 305-546-7866
    Fax: 305-402-0865
    E-mai: luis.rodda@ksfinance.biz

Member Reputation points: 194

Quote Originally Posted by lrodda View Post
    These types of shops bulldog merchants into taking the capital. On the other hand you can use intelligence to build a real book of business. I'd rather have clients that love me and keep coming back than turning and burning and letting a lesser man receive the commission.
    Well put! To lie is a short term solution; if you want quality clients for the long term, people need to trust you.
    11dcf62d4d59ff11cb98a20c16e5b530f8d26a49bc0c11fadea658d148144611.jpg