People lying in the industry? I can't believe it. But seriously, this is going on way too much. It's very bad for business in general, it puts merchants off and creates tension between companies. I have even heard of merchants trying (key word is trying) to sue MCA companies over this stuff. For example, merchant was told they were going to be funded with a direct lender Company A but the rep just did not fund it in house; they brokered the deal out to a bottom feeder company Company D though the merchant was told that they were to be funded with Company A. This could easily be avoided by say, READING THE CONTRACT; the merchant is responsible for signing the thing without reading it and it's no one else's oversight but their own, in that regard. Again, though I do not think this case stands a chance in court (disclaimer: I am also not a lawyer) it is important to be upfront if you hope to build credibility and maintain relationships. In my experience with direct lenders we did not outsource any deals, but it really depends on the company. If reps are shopping deals out, they shouldn't be misleading people. But I digress...