I need honest opinions on a job offer
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 7360

JohnCut...As a direct lender I will likely have a very different perspective than some of my colleagues. But I would look at your options from the perspective of opportunity cost (google it if you do not know what this term means). In essence...compare this against other options you may have available. Are you able to generate your own leads and get them funded with other lenders, earning more than 2%? Can you do it in volume? If so, then 2% does not look very attractive.

If not, then 2% for leads that are fed to you by the lender and all you have to do is smile and dial and you don't have to worry about lead flow and you can (potentially) "instantly" have a gig paying you $76k, it looks a lot more attractive.

Bottom line, what else do you have going on in your professional life that compares against this opportunity. If you have a lot of lucrative stuff, this sounds like a lukewarm offer. If you have nothing going on other than watching Days of Our Lives and checking your Facebook status, well...you should jump in with both feet. You'll learn a bunch and could help set yourself up for bigger/better things.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Dan Page

Thanks, I know what you are saying just thought funding a 30K deal and only making 600, thought was low..