Underwriting Major MCA Lenders
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Underwriting Major MCA Lenders

Hello:

We're a mortgage bank and small business lender out of AL/NV. One of our investors recently approached me with the idea of being a direct lender in the MCA space. Considering the residuals, the idea is attractive but not without substantial risk.

Though we process about $250K per month in this area as a broker, I am little hesitant about jumping in full steam. Are there any lenders out there that will allow us to underwrite their risk on our paper and then buy the note for a discount? We have substantial cash resources to fund these deals on our own, service the deal for a while and then sell it off.

Thanks for the replies!

AK

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

You might find that the Federal Banking Administration would have a problem with that.

AK- you do realize a lot of that "paper" you want to buy is coming from a third party broker who has new and renewal commissions in mind with funder they place it with originally. Are you going to pay the residual revenue to broker if you buy the paper? Can we say time to read those assignment clauses!

Quote Originally Posted by MCAVeteran View Post
    AK- you do realize a lot of that "paper" you want to buy is coming from a third party broker who has new and renewal commissions in mind with funder they place it with originally. Are you going to pay the residual revenue to broker if you buy the paper? Can we say time to read those assignment clauses!
    We're not buying any paper. I originate quite a bit through our internal call center as we currently broker a ton of business ourselves. I'm well aware of the challenges to buy paper from third parties. We don't need to do that. Nor do I want any part of that business.

The request was to fund our own paper then sell it off to someone else. If you or anyone else can assist in expanding this model, great. I'd be happy to compensate you as a consultant for getting us set up.

As for the next question, we're not a federally regulated bank. Mortgage bankers do not have any limitations on placing and sourcing private capital.