Total nEWB question, be gentle... Can I privately/personally fund a MCA and how?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Total nEWB question, be gentle... Can I privately/personally fund a MCA and how?

Hello,

Thanks for the great forum. It's amazing the industries you can learn about in just a short period of time because of great websites like this.

In short, I am primarily a real estate investor but I have branched out to small private lending in Arizona because I think there is a need for loans <$25K as banks generally don't like dealing with such a small amount. Plus it feels great to help out small business/individuals when you can and obviously make money as well.

I currently have someone that needs a $10k loan to finish up a remodel on a piece of property he has. Due to some complications with the title, etc. the property itself can't be collateral. He suggested using his merchant account for a dating site he operates as some form of collateral. His merchant account is through CCBill and he says he has $15k gross revenue every month through this merchant account. Unfamiliar with this I started googling and found out about MCAs. His initial proposal was a 90 day $10k loan in which he'd pay back $13k. The collateral would essentially be the MCA. My questions are:

• Can we set-up an agreement for a future MCA to be used if he defaults?
    • What prevents him from changing merchant accounts after I give him the $10K?
    • What prevents him for changing merchant accounts during an MCA?
    • Is there an agreement that is fairly standard for MCAs?
    • Lastly, can I legally privately fund a MCA

If it's too complicated of a process for an individual to do I'll probably just refer him to an actual MCA company.

I know these are boring questions for everyone here. Thanks in advance for the help.

If you would like to fund your own deals I reccomend Capital Stack. They have a platform that allows you to fund your own deals and they handle all the work. From underwriting to collections if need be. Give Tom Nix a call. 385-831-6317

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Pm'd. Before you jump into doing anything yourself, there are some outlets you can read into and people you can talk to first. If you aren't planning on funding a lot of businesses, you may be able to save yourself a lot of time partnering and syndicating with a funding company that supports the industries you already work with.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Cresthill would be happy to fund your deal and pay you a hefty commission.
    bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 2782

I can help. 1.866.FUNDME5 ext. 101 - kyle

I would not suggest fully funding any deals yourself till you have some industry experience. At most a small syndication to get your feet wet, such as a 1k investment of the 10k that is being funded. Speak to Amanda (WhoisKingsley) that pm'd you. She is knowledgeable in the industry and can steer you in the right direction. Lastly get a mentor in this space and learn as much as you can before going rogue and calling yourself a direct funder. Google is not enough my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Diversity Group View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for the great forum. It's amazing the industries you can learn about in just a short period of time because of great websites like this.

In short, I am primarily a real estate investor but I have branched out to small private lending in Arizona because I think there is a need for loans <$25K as banks generally don't like dealing with such a small amount. Plus it feels great to help out small business/individuals when you can and obviously make money as well.

I currently have someone that needs a $10k loan to finish up a remodel on a piece of property he has. Due to some complications with the title, etc. the property itself can't be collateral. He suggested using his merchant account for a dating site he operates as some form of collateral. His merchant account is through CCBill and he says he has $15k gross revenue every month through this merchant account. Unfamiliar with this I started googling and found out about MCAs. His initial proposal was a 90 day $10k loan in which he'd pay back $13k. The collateral would essentially be the MCA. My questions are:

• Can we set-up an agreement for a future MCA to be used if he defaults?
    • What prevents him from changing merchant accounts after I give him the $10K?
    • What prevents him for changing merchant accounts during an MCA?
    • Is there an agreement that is fairly standard for MCAs?
    • Lastly, can I legally privately fund a MCA

If it's too complicated of a process for an individual to do I'll probably just refer him to an actual MCA company.

I know these are boring questions for everyone here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Agreed.
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Director of ISO Development
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Cresthill would be happy to fund your deal and pay you a hefty commission.
    bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    "Can I personally fund an MCA and How?" WHAT IN GOD'S NAME doers your BS advertisement have to do with this?

LOL Chambo is off the reservation!

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    LOL Chambo is off the reservation!
    Say what you will, but BS spamming like this should get that little punk ass banned.

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

W*L you know they guys that do real estate and YS* spam all the time, cresthill is just a little more dedicated. We like that
    Last edited by brokerCompany; 11-19-2015 at 03:46 PM.

WHOA! Whats with all the name calling etc..."you're outta your element Donnie" (credit: the Big Lebowski)

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    "Can I personally fund an MCA and How?" WHAT IN GOD'S NAME doers your BS advertisement have to do with this?
    I see things different my pal..I will explain in a metaphor, I see someone writing about seeking to fly a single engine jet "ALONE" on a stormy night with extreme winds SO as A MENTCH ..I respond that I am willing to let them hop on our Private Gulfstream G-550 that is piloted by an F-16 Pilot that for many years would fly on the side of Airfore One!!
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    I see things different my pal..I will explain in a metaphor, I see someone writing about seeking to fly a single engine jet "ALONE" on a stormy night with extreme winds SO as A MENTCH ..I respond that I am willing to let them hop on our Private Gulfstream G-550 that is piloted by an F-16 Pilot that for many years would fly on the side of Airfore One!!
    I love this analogy.