Old UCCs Vs New UCCs
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Old UCCs Vs New UCCs

Hi Everyone,
    At the last direct funder company I worked (past 8-9 months) we always called older UCC leads ranging from 2010-2014; never any newer than that. I am wondering if this was a a smart strategy by the owners to call these older leads or were they just recycling older stuff and saving money. I just bought a new list with all August 2015 UCC filings but haven't started calling yet. Do all you pros out there consider brand new filings to be better than older filings? Meaning maybe the older leads aren't being attacked on a daily basis anymore and hidden gold can be uncovered vs the new UCCs that are topped out at the moment with funding. If you had to pick one which would it be?

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

It's a cost saving measure. You are most likely calling recycled leads in house.

The things is, though you may get fewer merchants on the phone, the ones you DO get have stronger businesses

Senior Member Reputation points: 2655

Your previous employer may purchase their leads/data from a reseller or data broker and that is the newest that data supplier had. I have also come across some shops who like to call older stuff, older meaning older filing dates. These days it seems most of you guys what the newest stuff you can get your hands on so if you think about it older filing date UCC's are probably not getting called as much as newer filing date UCC's.
    Last edited by Rob Buchanan; 11-17-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206
    rob.buchanan@data-axle.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

I tend to agree with Rob Buchanan. It seems like the closing ratio per call might be better on the older ones since they haven't been receiving 30 calls a day for the last 6 months.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

I like old UCC's. Easy to consolidate merchants with 3-5 advances and make some serious $
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Agreed
    Andrew J. McDonald
    Director of ISO Development
    Yellowstone Capital LLC
    1 Evertrust Plaza
    Suite 1401
    Jersey city, NJ 07302
    PH - 347.464.0785
    FX - 646.213.1790

Thanks everyone for your input. Appreciate it.

The great thing with our older filing date data is we keep the debtor info (company name, address, phone number, contacts and more) current. We update our database monthly so each month we not only add new UCC records we also update any existing records that we have new and or update info for.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

Senior Member Reputation points: 11553 Eagle Funding's Avatar

If you're training newbies stick to newer UCCs, its very demoralizing to call UCCs from 2012-2013 and the whole entire list is disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenTCFunding View Post
    If you're training newbies stick to newer UCCs, its very demoralizing to call UCCs from 2012-2013 and the whole entire list is disconnected.
    The cons of bying from a reseller/broker. That's not the case with our data.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

Senior Member Reputation points: 11553 Eagle Funding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Buchanan View Post
    The cons of bying from a reseller/broker. That's not the case with our data.

Wouldn't doubt it for a second Rob, but if you sell me leads today and 3 years down the road I give them to a trainee you cant guarantee that the companies are still going to be in business. We have bought every single UCC possible since the inception of our company, I have my vets take care of the older UCCs, there is gold mines there but you need to have the proper mindset of knowing there is a decent chance half of these companies changed numbers because 1000 brokers called them a day.

Quote Originally Posted by AllenTCFunding View Post
    Wouldn't doubt it for a second Rob, but if you sell me leads today and 3 years down the road I give them to a trainee you cant guarantee that the companies are still going to be in business. We have bought every single UCC possible since the inception of our company, I have my vets take care of the older UCCs, there is gold mines there but you need to have the proper mindset of knowing there is a decent chance half of these companies changed numbers because 1000 brokers called them a day.
    Calling data that is truly 3 years old as in pulled 3 years ago is a waste of time in my opinion. I’d say that about anything over a year old. There would be more disconnects and wrong numbers than people you can actually talk to. If you have old data that you call you should consider having it updated and purged of out of business records. This is a service we provide.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

If you're on a good predictive dialer the disconnected numbers shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Senior Member Reputation points: 2019 Lenders.Marketing's Avatar

Allow me to pull back the UCC curtain a little further. There is only one true source for UCC data which predates this Industry, all the way back to 1841 to be exact. You either have direct access to it or you buy your UCC's down the river. If you are buying UCC's downstream make sure you are not buying the same ones being sold to everybody in the Industry.

When it comes to contacting UCC's you better be:

-damn good
    -original
    -consistent & persistent

Otherwise figure out a different way to find unique business owners who are in the market or have a loan renewal coming up.
    3110 Main Street
    Building C
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

info@lendersmarketing.com
    www.lendersmarketing.com

Direct (805) 765-6459
    Toll-Free (888) 988-2867
    Fax Number (818) 925-9686

We connect Lenders with their future clients

Check out how our Business Loan Triggers work:
    http://www.lendersmarketing.com/busi...-triggers.html

Senior Member Reputation points: 118163 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Buchanan View Post
    Calling data that is truly 3 years old as in pulled 3 years ago is a waste of time in my opinion.
    well that is only your bia$ed opinion.

My guys are calling UCC's as far back as 2009 and getting deals out of them.

In this industry, MCA is like crack to a lot of merchants. They have been doing it over and over again since day one. Yes you will get some disconnects but everyone is calling the one year old UCC so even if the guy wants money he is so ticked off at all the calls that he won't even talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    well that is only your bia$ed opinion.

My guys are calling UCC's as far back as 2009 and getting deals out of them.

In this industry, MCA is like crack to a lot of merchants. They have been doing it over and over again since day one. Yes you will get some disconnects but everyone is calling the one year old UCC so even if the guy wants money he is so ticked off at all the calls that he won't even talk to you.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, and there is nothing more satisfying than speaking to a merchant who knows the product reasonably well, but also isn't about to cuss you out for being the 37th call that day asking, "I see you've taken money before, let me get you more of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself, and there is nothing more satisfying than speaking to a merchant who knows the product reasonably well, but also isn't about to cuss you out for being the 37th call that day asking, "I see you've taken money before, let me get you more of it!"
    That's why you pull a targeted list with older filing dates yet the debtor info is still current and up to date. So not only are you calling a list with current up to date info on the merechant you are also not the "37th call" of the day. However within the past year ot so I don't have shops pulling that kind of data. They all want the newest filing dates they can get their hands on. Prior to that I used to see people pulling lists with filing dates dating back 2 years or so.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206