And So it Starts....
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Funder Mark View Post
    Lately, more people are starting to call it the UN-affordable care act...
    Yup, just received notice that my policy is increasing 38% next year...where's that $2,500 per year savings I was promised...

Senior Member Reputation points: 1307

More regulation does not have to be such a bad thing and hopefully like in the mortgage industry it will help to rid some of the rotten apples.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

anyone who thought that this industry would go on forever without any regulation I think is kidding themselves. What we have to hope is that the big players in the industry take an active role in helping to shape the regulation so it doesn't kill us completely
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Disagree Entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Ktolbert85 View Post
    More regulation does not have to be such a bad thing and hopefully like in the mortgage industry it will help to rid some of the rotten apples.
    The reason why alternative financing is expanding so rapidly is BECAUSE of the regulation hurdles that banks face. If there is one thing which would literally destroy us, it is a massive increase in regulations.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

The reason why alternative financing is expanding so rapidly is BECAUSE of the regulation hurdles that banks face. If there is one thing which would literally destroy us, it is a massive increase in regulations.
    I couldn't agree more with you on this point. This is the reason that there have been so many articles, threads, blogs, posts etc about the importance of "Self policing" etc. I understand we can only do so much as a collective, but indivudals making sure they're doing their best to be fair honest and transparent will have a great impact.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1307

I think most of the new regulations will be towards regulating brokers and hybrid lenders and minimal regulations for companies backed by big banks. We know how much the government loves big banks.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

It wouldn't destroy the industry one bit. The small ISO shops, the unscrupulous reps, who bank on and rely on fees and stacking and the like, yeah, THEY are screwed....but is the industry screwed? Hardly

Sponsor Reputation points: 429

Calm down Chamo, I understand you know, But nobody is screwed.. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    It wouldn't destroy the industry one bit. The small ISO shops, the unscrupulous reps, who bank on and rely on fees and stacking and the like, yeah, THEY are screwed....but is the industry screwed? Hardly

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    How is that not destroying it? There are a lot of people out there making a lot of money with the way things are, now keep in mind Im neither saying its right nor wrong, Im just saying that if things changed that dramatically that would constitute "destruction". But who knows maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing and we could build it up even better than before.
    I'm still for "self policing" as the best course of action IMO

Member Reputation points: 10 pmoney's Avatar

Exactly, we benefit from the massive amount of red tape that many banks and lending institutions face each day. Ultimately any regulations mandated by the CFPB are to protect the consumer. The unknown is simply a matter of which regulations the CFPB intends to implement and how the severity of those regulations will impact our business.
    Paul Marzolla
    CEO @ GreenBridge Loans

Main: (800) 677-5771
    Email: paul@greenbridgeloans.com

Connect with me on LinkedIn

Click to download our Partner Agreement

GreenBridge Loans
    221 River St, 9th Fl
    Hoboken, NJ 07030
    www.greenbridgeloans.com

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rick_clsfunding View Post
    Yup, just received notice that my policy is increasing 38% next year...where's that $2,500 per year savings I was promised...
    Quit your insurance and go on the exchanges for a cheaper one