And So it Starts.... - Page 3
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Administrator Reputation points: 59875 admin's Avatar

Guys, please stop fighting each other

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

now now folks..let's calm down with making brokers being the worst in the world. plenty of stuff the lenders do are just as wrong. timing is huge in this industry..it matters when you call them and get lucky. one way to avoid the rogue brokers is to not allow up charging the client. offer comes in at 1.35 at 7 points and that is that. but...nobody mentions how the lenders are at fault onlyyyyyyyy the greedy brokers..uh huh

Quote Originally Posted by golf2014 View Post
    now now folks..let's calm down with making brokers being the worst in the world. plenty of stuff the lenders do are just as wrong. timing is huge in this industry..it matters when you call them and get lucky. one way to avoid the rogue brokers is to not allow up charging the client. offer comes in at 1.35 at 7 points and that is that. but...nobody mentions how the lenders are at fault onlyyyyyyyy the greedy brokers..uh huh
    Co-sign this. At least the individual broker is trying to make his living on his back and is his only liability.

While the big corporate funders and big ISOs burn+churn hundreds of reps a year by feeding them pipe dreams, barely train them, then scheme of ways to rob and underpay the guys on the ground, whether it be hustling them out of commission, using them simply for lead gen before firing them and sweeping leads to the management, etc.

Ain't no Mother Teresas in this industry: big funders, small funders, lone broker or big ISO.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    I love the ISOs who charge 1.45 with 10 point junk because all those merchants will kiss the ground I walk on when I crush those terms.
    Odds are, but not always, a merchant willing to agree to a 1.45 and 10% junk fee doesn't qualify for the crushing rates you speak of. I do believe now more than ever than merchants are savvy enough to find better terms if they qualify, and that's a big if.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndyYSCISOdept View Post
    Odds are, but not always, a merchant willing to agree to a 1.45 and 10% junk fee doesn't qualify for the crushing rates you speak of. I do believe now more than ever than merchants are savvy enough to find better terms if they qualify, and that's a big if.
    Andy, the funny part is I was talking about SD.

Oh I knew exactly whom you were talking about and believe me we have our differences but in the end I do my best to make sure that the guys that work with me aren't subjected to that.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I only need to sell a 1.30 and 3% fee and be a hero. I can write those all day long, even with risky deals.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Your statement that MOST merchants don't know about alternative financing options was true in 2012. The fact you still believe that is amazing. Have you picked up the phone lately? Have you had one merchant that's sat up in his chair and said "Der...uh....thanks big IZ... I didn't know there was a high interest daily payment option for my biz..."
    I have to disagree with this. I'll bet you $100 that if you randomly call 10 restaurants in your phone book and ask the owner if he knows what a merchant cash advance is and how it works, 7-8 of them won't know. People only know what it is when they have a serious need and actually look into it.

Every day I'm pitching MCAs to business owners who don't know what it is, so I know what I'm talking about...

I only need to sell a 1.30 and 3% fee and be a hero. I can write those all day long, even with risky deals.
    I sure you COULD write those all day long, but I'm not sure they'd pay back, and if they qualify for better rates etc, then they probably wouldn't take the 1.45 with 10% fee to begin with right?

Every ISO and brokerage I have worked for or have a knowledge of has blatantly lied to merchants, and/or willingly violated the law. No exceptions. Fake approvals, illegal fax marketing, spam marketing, fees that are charged in advance with no funding ever taking place...the list goes on...
    Not to mention re-dating an application every 30 days in order to be able to have credit pulled again and again when shotgunning the merchants docs out, before the merchant knows it they have 30 credit inquires in 90 days.

Is it ever alright to steal money and break the law?
    Not unless your name is Robin Hood.

Greed will kill it all. Maybe I have found the wrong places to work at, but these were industry leaders in my area... They blatantly stole money from small business. I saw it. Every sales guy knew it on the floor...many of us quit...all I'm saying is it's going on as I speak, and merchants are getting pounded by fees, lies (as Kingsley astutely said), and all out greed.

If you charge a 1.45 and add a 10% fee along with 5 other junk fees, because you know a merchant is drowning, suffocating and will pay anything for air...don't fool yourself, you're no saint, you're a loan shark. And I hear that word all day long from merchants.

QUIT PATTING YOURSELF ON THE BACK, TELLING YOURSELF WHAT A GREAT "SALESPERSON" YOU ARE....these are desperate people, in hard times...and your 'suave'....isn't selling anything....the prospect of money sells itself, and at these rates, you can be a ****ing monkey with a check, and these desperate fools....will take it.
    Agreed, we are selling the most sought after product there is, money.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLepkoski View Post
    Agreed, we are selling the most sought after product there is, money.
    Typically what I hear:
    Rep#1: Sir, can I take your order please?
    Merchant: I'll have your very expensive 25K please
    Rep#1: Coming right up with a 10% gratuity added
    Merchant: Okay, I have no choice
    REp#1: (to his coworkers) I am the single greatest salesman on the planet!!!

Typically what I hear:
    Rep#1: Sir, can I take your order please?
    Merchant: I'll have your very expensive 25K please
    Rep#1: Coming right up with a 10% gratuity added
    Merchant: Okay, I have no choice
    REp#1: (to his coworkers) I am the single greatest salesman on the planet!!!
    Goes a little something like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBeDPZiwZqQ

Member Reputation points: 1377

I have to disagree with this. I'll bet you $100 that if you randomly call 10 restaurants in your phone book and ask the owner if he knows what a merchant cash advance is and how it works, 7-8 of them won't know. People only know what it is when they have a serious need and actually look into it.

Every day I'm pitching MCAs to business owners who don't know what it is, so I know what I'm talking about...
    Hello MCNetwork, I was not going to reply to the RANTINGS of an old timer BUT you are absolutely right. The reason I know, because I actually have someone out there pounding the pavement and MOST of these small businesses have NOT heard about cash advances or other alternative financing options.

Some people are set in their ways and their mentality is "I know EVERTHING about this industry and anyone who does it different or does not agree with me is an idiot". My whole point with that paragraph, which he repeatedly ignored is, the pie is a lot bigger than many on here think. That is it.

Now FunD can go ahead and post another insulting rant. I am outa this thread.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5023
    Florida, First MCA sold in 85/ WS in 76. CFP/RIA, series 3,6,7,8,10,63,Ins218,220.

Actually BigIz, you're completely right. I have 3 pretty little girls (though the turnover is high and they are part time) that distribute flyers in Miami and Ft Laud and it works (though the loans are smaller), but face time works. I pay them $10 per hour and they pick up business cards, menus etc for constant contact and to verify they were there. I yield one or 2 small accounts (under 25K) for their part time work and it still profits. You must know though funD is a sandwich short of a picnic. The girls get at least a couple of apps a week, which become prospects.
    Last edited by John Galt; 11-13-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338265

The title of this thread is.... "And So It Starts".....with all the negative comments posted....when will it end.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 3087

The most interesting thing I read was a new lender (in a reply to the fed request) stating that online lenders should have access to the Fed Window just like a bank, but without the regulatory and compliance. HAHAHAHA me too!!! This an example of tech versus finance...

Senior Member Reputation points: 18402

when sales exist there are always issues. CAR salesman..stockbrokers..lawyers..jewelry salespeople..nobody has made laws what they can or can't do....there will always be risks of rogue or bad salespeople...can't regulate everything.

Fees

I agree commission are generous seriously you close a 100-k deal at 10% in theory your at a seven figures, at one deal a month at that funding amount, you can make a comfortable living, then if half renew its a bonus. I understand it's always not that easy but definitely possible. Being in this field for almost 8 years now, I feel lucky that I can put my entrepreneur skills to the test.