How do you ACH broker fees?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    That's rookie BS. three deals are far more valuable, as you now have three potential renewals, which will net you more money down the road.

Who's a better ball player? The one who hits .225, but hits 35-40 HR's, or the guy who only hits 6-10 HR's, but bats .350?
    Interesting comparison. Why would 3 renewals at 4 points be more valuable than 1 renewal at 12? I understand for a syndication portfolio it is more valuable to have diversified risk, but why would it make any difference for a broker, seeing how it is the exact same revenue with less work?
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Interesting comparison. Why would 3 renewals at 4 points be more valuable than 1 renewal at 12? I understand for a syndication portfolio it is more valuable to have diversified risk, but why would it make any difference for a broker, seeing how it is the exact same revenue with less work?
    That's what you get for thinking in the here and now, as opposed to 4-6 months down the line

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    That's what you get for thinking in the here and now, as opposed to 4-6 months down the line
    How do you mean?

Our renewal rate is through the roof because we can just drop points and secure it (since we sold it high, it's easy to come down and win the business again). Not only do we make more on the front, but also on the back. I think my model might be more effective than what you're referring to.
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

Senior Member Reputation points: 118256 ridextreme's Avatar

How do you mean?

Our renewal rate is through the roof
    doesn't wbl owning their assets have anything to do with it?

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Zach if your merchant stacks , goes out of business , no longer needs . Chambo is 100 percent correct on this

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    Zach if your merchant stacks , goes out of business , no longer needs . Chambo is 100 percent correct on this
    Exactly. That's why 3 deals at 4 points each is worth more than a single deal at 12 points. Although the upfront revenue is the same, your risk is diversified and you have more income opportunities with 3 merchants versus 1 when it's renewal time. If you lose 1 of the 3 in the future, you can still earn 8 points on the other 2 when they renew. If you lose the 12 point guy down the road, you're screwed.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 11-10-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Exactly. That's why 3 deals at 4 points each is worth more than a single deal at 12 points. Although the upfront revenue is the same, your risk is diversified and you have more income opportunities with 3 merchants versus 1 when it's renewal time. If you lose 1 of the 3 in the future, you can still earn 8 points on the other 2 when they renew. If you lose the 12 point guy down the road, you're screwed.
    I have always thought that the best way to stay in the game is to keep merchants around, they wont stay around if they get bashed over the head. Give me 5 10K deals over a 50K deal every day of the week. If just 1 of those renews 3-4 times that's a solid win for me, my ISOs, my syndication portfolio and my underwriters.