UCC Leads In 2014
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I find that the pull through from Press 1 campaigns is more like 0.5%. And a lot of the calls that come through are people saying to take them off the list. Nothing is more effective than a live phone call. It's tedious but you can really make meaningful contact. Automated voices tend to be off putting and 90% of the time the recording reaches the wrong audience (i.e., cashier, waitress, receptionist, etc.) so the message, no matter how tailored or compelling, falls on deaf ears.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 12-16-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Banned Reputation points: 306

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    I find that the pull through from Press 1 campaigns is more like 0.5%. And a lot of the calls that come through are people saying to take them off the list. Nothing is more effective than a live phone call. It's tedious but you can really make meaningful contact. Automated voices tend to be off putting and 90% of the time the recording reaches the wrong audience (i.e., cashier, waitress, receptionist, etc.) so the message, no matter how tailored or compelling, falls on deaf ears.

MCN

Most people are only getting 0.5% for a variety of reasons. As you can see my average for the campaigns in the example was 7x that. I got 7.4% on one fateful campaign. Guys don't segment, they don't split test broadcast messages, there's often no sales funnel design, etc.

It's really not difficult to get 2% consistently when you are paying attention to detail. Most guys just load up some numbers and blast off. In marketing EVERYTHING must be tested, re-tested, tweaked, measured, and tested again.

Regarding those folks who say "take me off the list" - I've been able to reduce that to an almost non occurrence. How? Every lead goes through a filter. You pass the test, you speak to a human, you don't pass, means you're not fundable.

With UCC's the filter will be a lot simpler. We may just screen for motivation. Example; "before we transfer you, in how many weeks will you need more money? Enter the number on your keypad." This data is also passed back to the client who should have been savvy enough to collect the persons email address and other info to appropriate schedule re-marketing efforts for that time period.

I've run well over a million voice blast dials. I am the only person I know to have gotten a 7% opt in rate. What I realized is that its how you POSITION YOUR COPY.

The goal of this UCC thing is NOT to use "automated voices." Less than 5 seconds of the entire broadcast will be automated. In fact, the ONLY parts to be auto generated voices will be the words: "owner first name" "$25,000 (or whatever amount)" "secured party name" Everything else will be in the tones I've found to convert best. Really natural and folksy sounding stuff.

It's the copy that will induce the opt-in because you are calling them already armed with "important information specifically relevant to their situation." When they Press 1, you now have the chance to get to know the particulars of their deal, and establish a verbal contract about what you may be able to do for them going forward.

We're so confident and so happy with testing that we're giving away thousands of dollars worth of this product for free to selected clients. Yes, you read that right. Folks will start off with a free trial, that will bring leads in the door.
    Last edited by JayBallentine; 12-19-2013 at 12:04 PM.