UCC Leads In 2014
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Banned Reputation points: 306

UCC Leads In 2014

So, lets say you're a business owner. You're in your office at the back of the store, and the phone rings. You answer the phone and you hear a message that compels you to listen because it's got all sorts of specific information specific to YOU. This is no ordinary voice broadcast, it may say something like...

"Hi this is Sally calling about the $30,000 cash advance you got on Sept 4 from Happy Capital..."

If you are sitting in your back office, are you likely to hang up at this point? In fact you just might move on up to the edge of your chair!

That's where we are going with UCC's because mathematically, this makes more sense than cold calling with humans, or blasting out generic messages. Technology meets psychology...

NOTE: That message sucks on all levels - something I'd never use in practice, just for illustration.

We're calling it voice broadcast personalization and it's a product of my constantly tinkering with dialer and voice broadcast campaigns and working with partners on various marketing experiments - and on ways to use technology in simple ways.

This sort of personalization doesn't have to just be for UCC's - you could blast offers out to Groupon merchants for instance...

"Hi this is Sally calling to congratulate you on the daily deal you ran on Sept 4. We see you sold X deals - and that's fantastic! {Pitch: Capital To Handle The Rush} --> {Call To Action: Hurry Before It's Too Late}.

I'm all the more encouraged by what's on the horizon because I've architected campaigns for clients in the past, where we used their old data to sort of "recycle' it and turn it into leads. Check out the graphic below and I'll explain how that translates to UCC leads.

I apologize if it's too small. You can download and zoom. Essentially we took old stuff and it converted at an average of 3.5%. Old verified leads. Now, UCC leads are customers. Being that they are existing customers, we're pretty optimistic that given what we saw in running old data, plus adding voice broadcast personalization - that we'll get a minimum of 2% conversions...

If you cycle through 25,000 UCC leads each month, you should generate no fewer than 500 leads per month. 500 qualified leads.

You'll get leads for a fraction of what they cost in Google and a lot faster than the next guy who does UCC marketing.

One of the things I cannot wait to test is personalizing these UCC broadcasts and taking the data we have on hand, to make that merchant an offer right there on that broadcast. So, if we surmise they are 70% paid off, and they're inclined to respond well to a 1.32 - we can offer that to them, right there on the broadcast.

We're excited to roll this out soon - and most importantly continuing to refine it!!
    Last edited by JayBallentine; 12-12-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I find that the pull through from Press 1 campaigns is more like 0.5%. And a lot of the calls that come through are people saying to take them off the list. Nothing is more effective than a live phone call. It's tedious but you can really make meaningful contact. Automated voices tend to be off putting and 90% of the time the recording reaches the wrong audience (i.e., cashier, waitress, receptionist, etc.) so the message, no matter how tailored or compelling, falls on deaf ears.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 12-16-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Banned Reputation points: 123

UCC Leads In 2014

Mcnetwork when you say pull thru of .05 is that calls in (pressed1) versus calls out?

Calls in (Press 1) is about 0.5%. Calls out is much higher. Maybe 3-4%.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 12-17-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    I find that the pull through from Press 1 campaigns is more like 0.5%. And a lot of the calls that come through are people saying to take them off the list. Nothing is more effective than a live phone call. It's tedious but you can really make meaningful contact. Automated voices tend to be off putting and 90% of the time the recording reaches the wrong audience (i.e., cashier, waitress, receptionist, etc.) so the message, no matter how tailored or compelling, falls on deaf ears.

MCN

Most people are only getting 0.5% for a variety of reasons. As you can see my average for the campaigns in the example was 7x that. I got 7.4% on one fateful campaign. Guys don't segment, they don't split test broadcast messages, there's often no sales funnel design, etc.

It's really not difficult to get 2% consistently when you are paying attention to detail. Most guys just load up some numbers and blast off. In marketing EVERYTHING must be tested, re-tested, tweaked, measured, and tested again.

Regarding those folks who say "take me off the list" - I've been able to reduce that to an almost non occurrence. How? Every lead goes through a filter. You pass the test, you speak to a human, you don't pass, means you're not fundable.

With UCC's the filter will be a lot simpler. We may just screen for motivation. Example; "before we transfer you, in how many weeks will you need more money? Enter the number on your keypad." This data is also passed back to the client who should have been savvy enough to collect the persons email address and other info to appropriate schedule re-marketing efforts for that time period.

I've run well over a million voice blast dials. I am the only person I know to have gotten a 7% opt in rate. What I realized is that its how you POSITION YOUR COPY.

The goal of this UCC thing is NOT to use "automated voices." Less than 5 seconds of the entire broadcast will be automated. In fact, the ONLY parts to be auto generated voices will be the words: "owner first name" "$25,000 (or whatever amount)" "secured party name" Everything else will be in the tones I've found to convert best. Really natural and folksy sounding stuff.

It's the copy that will induce the opt-in because you are calling them already armed with "important information specifically relevant to their situation." When they Press 1, you now have the chance to get to know the particulars of their deal, and establish a verbal contract about what you may be able to do for them going forward.

We're so confident and so happy with testing that we're giving away thousands of dollars worth of this product for free to selected clients. Yes, you read that right. Folks will start off with a free trial, that will bring leads in the door.
    Last edited by JayBallentine; 12-19-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Well you definitely have the opt-in marketing experience to take MCA lead gen to a whole new level. My campaigns have been fairly generic in the past and are probably not much different than what other funders have done or are currently doing. If you are able to consistently generate 2%+ pull through from your dialer campaigns then you are clearly doing something right.

A lot of it is knowing your target and amending things like your pitch, time of day, type of offer to mesh with various verticals.

Where voice broadcasting really gets interesting is when you use voice broadcasts as a mechanism to induce e-mail opt-ins. When you get their e-mail address, and use it right, you're sending e-mails out for less than a penny each.

Here's a scenario:

You do a voice broadcast to a targeted group of business owners, lets call it a bunch of auto repair shops On your voice broadcast the person who answers the phone hears;

Here's a special opportunity for you to learn how to advertise your business for little to no cost by pressing 1 and leaving us your email now. We'll send you a special email report that will have you wondering why you hadn't thought of that before! Leave us your email address by pressing 1 now ... and keep an eye out for good news!

I've run this EXACT blast - and... that's all I can say about that.

You send them through a quick filter and connect with them to collect their e-mail address.

The art / magic lies in taking those people through a focused funnel, where you ultimately offer them money without being all "sales pitchy." Through a focused set of e-mails, you focus on what they care about the most; keeping customers and getting more of them. The overarching goal of those e-mails is to get them to a point where they wake up one day and say; "you know, I want to take a business loan / cash advance so that I can do (ABC)."

If your e-mail sequencing is right, that will be the outcome. It's a long sequence, not for the faint of heart, but insanely profitable, and dare I say slightly cunning.

It can take you more than a month (if you're doing it right) before you start offering money. But patience is virtuous, and in this case - profitable.

The best part is, you will have established a relationship with your merchants, a pretty strong one at that. A relationship that you can leverage for recommendations (Holy Grail) because unlike every other broker out there, you've added value to their life.

I've used this funnel for tugLocal. I've used this funnel / sequence for marketing services, but it works pretty much the same in MCA, or in any B2B vertical for that matter.
    Last edited by JayBallentine; 12-19-2013 at 06:47 PM.

This is great stuff! I'm going to have to revisit my dialer campaigns and apply some of your tips. Thanks for the share Jay!

Member Reputation points: 131

"Hi this is Sally calling about the $30,000 cash advance you got on Sept 4 from Happy Capital..."

You will not gain traction with decent leads. Fact.

The good customers. My customers. Are already aware of scammers that will be contacting them, pretending to be their lenders. This is a pathetic sales tactic and you will not win good deals this way. You will only win over people that are more desperate to do a deal than yourself. And good luck finding a decent approval for those people. You will waste countless hours tyring to find what we call the golden goose.
    Last edited by Eric S; 02-05-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Are you selling UCC leads?

Sponsor Reputation points: 21

Thanks for sharing the information. One can also visit on MerchantFinancingLeads that provides quality products that will ensure your success in the merchant financing industry. Their specialty lead and list programs include solutions for the following industries: Merchant Cash Advance industry, ACH Funding, Equipment Leasing and Financing, Factoring and Receivable Financing.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Are UCC's really where it's at? I haven't used them beyond the couple thousand I was able to get for a song a while back. Seems like overpriced data if you buy it retail. I've seen so many articles about how most of the country isn't aware of the MCA or ACH programs available to them, yet brokers insist on hitting the same merchants over and over 10x a day, and with voice broadcasting no less. Personally I've been racking my brain on how to get to these people that aren't familiar with the products at all. Not an easy task.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Are UCC's really where it's at? I haven't used them beyond the couple thousand I was able to get for a song a while back. Seems like overpriced data if you buy it retail. I've seen so many articles about how most of the country isn't aware of the MCA or ACH programs available to them, yet brokers insist on hitting the same merchants over and over 10x a day, and with voice broadcasting no less. Personally I've been racking my brain on how to get to these people that aren't familiar with the products at all. Not an easy task.
    Some of the things funders/ISOs are doing to reach new merchants:

• Lendvantage is using Larry King as a spokesperson on TV and radio commercials
    • IOU Central is using Shark Tank's Kevin O'Leary as a spokesperson
    • Some are advertising in the classified section of magazines such as INC and Fast Company
    • Some are advertising on big posters in check cashing stores
    • Some are doing mailers (my aunt owns a small business that gets MCA mail ads every single week)
    • Some are doing trigger lead mailers (mailers to companies where the owner just had their credit run by a lender)
    • Some are getting bank loan declines
    • Some are doing PPC

The list goes on and on
    Last edited by Sean Cash; 10-12-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 983 Joseph Esparza's Avatar

The real conversation here is that this thread has had 3,700+ views. Which is to say Sponsors must be thrilled and the ISO pool is boundless. Give us a call here at Capital Stack, I could not stop myself from plugging us with this level of activity.
    Joe Esparza
    FUNDKITE
    "FinTech High-Risk Funding Table"
    joseph.e@fundkite.com | 929.999.2700x1008

Senior Member Reputation points: 2019 Lenders.Marketing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sean bash View Post
    Some of the things funders/ISOs are doing to reach new merchants:

• Lendvantage is using Larry King as a spokesperson on TV and radio commercials
    • IOU Central is using Shark Tank's Kevin O'Leary as a spokesperson
    • Some are advertising in the classified section of magazines such as INC and Fast Company
    • Some are advertising on big posters in check cashing stores
    • Some are doing mailers (my aunt owns a small business that gets MCA mail ads every single week)
    • Some are doing trigger lead mailers (mailers to companies where the owner just had their credit run by a lender)
    • Some are getting bank loan declines
    • Some are doing PPC

The list goes on and on
    Speaking of Trigger leads we are getting a fresh batch in this Wednesday (Oct 15th)

We should have around 25K exclusive Triggers available.

First come, first serve. Due to high demand we are now taking pre-orders.
    3110 Main Street
    Building C
    Santa Monica, CA 90405

info@lendersmarketing.com
    www.lendersmarketing.com

Direct (805) 765-6459
    Toll-Free (888) 988-2867
    Fax Number (818) 925-9686

We connect Lenders with their future clients

Check out how our Business Loan Triggers work:
    http://www.lendersmarketing.com/busi...-triggers.html

can we chat

Love the vision. Maybe we can work to make this a bigger reality.

Noob Reputation points: 12

send info

send me some info at lisalaing2002@yahoo.com

i would like to get set up

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayBallentine View Post
    So, lets say you're a business owner. You're in your office at the back of the store, and the phone rings. You answer the phone and you hear a message that compels you to listen because it's got all sorts of specific information specific to YOU. This is no ordinary voice broadcast, it may say something like...

If you are sitting in your back office, are you likely to hang up at this point? In fact you just might move on up to the edge of your chair!

That's where we are going with UCC's because mathematically, this makes more sense than cold calling with humans, or blasting out generic messages. Technology meets psychology...

NOTE: That message sucks on all levels - something I'd never use in practice, just for illustration.

We're calling it voice broadcast personalization and it's a product of my constantly tinkering with dialer and voice broadcast campaigns and working with partners on various marketing experiments - and on ways to use technology in simple ways.

This sort of personalization doesn't have to just be for UCC's - you could blast offers out to Groupon merchants for instance...

"Hi this is Sally calling to congratulate you on the daily deal you ran on Sept 4. We see you sold X deals - and that's fantastic! {Pitch: Capital To Handle The Rush} --> {Call To Action: Hurry Before It's Too Late}.

I'm all the more encouraged by what's on the horizon because I've architected campaigns for clients in the past, where we used their old data to sort of "recycle' it and turn it into leads. Check out the graphic below and I'll explain how that translates to UCC leads.

I apologize if it's too small. You can download and zoom. Essentially we took old stuff and it converted at an average of 3.5%. Old verified leads. Now, UCC leads are customers. Being that they are existing customers, we're pretty optimistic that given what we saw in running old data, plus adding voice broadcast personalization - that we'll get a minimum of 2% conversions...

If you cycle through 25,000 UCC leads each month, you should generate no fewer than 500 leads per month. 500 qualified leads.

You'll get leads for a fraction of what they cost in Google and a lot faster than the next guy who does UCC marketing.

One of the things I cannot wait to test is personalizing these UCC broadcasts and taking the data we have on hand, to make that merchant an offer right there on that broadcast. So, if we surmise they are 70% paid off, and they're inclined to respond well to a 1.32 - we can offer that to them, right there on the broadcast.

We're excited to roll this out soon - and most importantly continuing to refine it!!