13 Points for New Deals
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Member Reputation points: 194

Whoever closes the deal (gets all the stipulations + the signed contract) first should get the commission, in my opinion. Just because someone submits it first doesn't mean it should be theirs, especially if someone else is doing all the work.

Member Reputation points: 550

Quote Originally Posted by Lexgroup View Post
    Whoever closes the deal (gets all the stipulations + the signed contract) first should get the commission, in my opinion. Just because someone submits it first doesn't mean it should be theirs, especially if someone else is doing all the work.
    I agree with this. Getting the merchant to submit the app and statements is the easiest part. Getting them to sign the contract and get everything else in is where all the real work is. That's when you actually have to sell and close.

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by thefundingdiaries View Post
    I agree with this. Getting the merchant to submit the app and statements is the easiest part. Getting them to sign the contract and get everything else in is where all the real work is. That's when you actually have to sell and close.
    Sorry I'm going to have to disagree with both of you.

- Not having a deal exclusivity rule in place can create a significant amount of chaos at your office over what Broker should be in control of the deal in terms of mark-ups, terms, etc. 15 - 30 days is a good normal average exclusivity range.

- I still don't understand what you guys refer to as "closing" the merchant, but maybe it's because I do things differently? When I market I disclose the pricing and payback cycle ranges upfront, so if a merchant is interested and sends over a completed package, they are already "sold" on the program. I just need to get them approved at the range I discussed, which once that happens, now I just spend my time chasing them to get all of the closing items in.

But if you are marketing to the merchant for "capital" without letting them see that you are selling short payback cycles and a high cost for capital, in my opinion you are just going to end up wasting a lot of time, energy and resources.

Especially when a significantly large amount of merchants run from your offers thinking you were about to present something closer to conventional.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 11-03-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Sorry I'm going to have to disagree with both of you.

- Not having a deal exclusivity rule in place can create a significant amount of chaos at your office over what Broker should be in control of the deal in terms of mark-ups, terms, etc. 15 - 30 days is a good normal average exclusivity range.

- I still don't understand what you guys refer to as "closing" the merchant, but maybe it's because I do things differently? When I market I disclose the pricing and payback cycle ranges upfront, so if a merchant is interested and sends over a completed package, they are already "sold" on the program. I just need to get them approved at the range I discussed, which once that happens, now I just spend my time chasing them to get all of the closing items in.

But if you are marketing to the merchant for "capital" without letting them see that you are selling short payback cycles and a high cost for capital, in my opinion you are just going to end up wasting a lot of time, energy and resources.

Especially when a significantly large amount of merchants run from your offers thinking you were about to present something closer to conventional.
    Until someone takes your same deal, removes the extra fee, and drops the factor 3 - 4 points

Sponsor Reputation points: 429

Free Market -- AMERICA!

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Until someone takes your same deal, removes the extra fee, and drops the factor 3 - 4 points

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    Lol Chambo that's a good point, but what I usually do is provide a price range based on their Paper Grade. I usually try to keep up to date on what's going on in the market so that based on their profile, I structure them to a point to where it's very difficult for someone else to beat the deal (on price, approval, and payback cycle), while still maintaining a good level of profit.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

i agree with signed docs but not all stips