Lender Requiring ISO Owner's Personal Credit Report
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

You think having your credit pulled is a big deal? When I got my mortgage lenders license in New York, in 2005, I had to hire a private investigator and pay him to do a complete background check on me which included having my fingerprints taken. The final report that he needed to send to the state was the size of a phone book.

Quote Originally Posted by factorfinders View Post
    To clarify, my initial question wasn't about a background check, but a credit check. I am fine with your checking my criminal background, but not my personal credit. So in for my company to refer a deal to yours, you advocate that my personal credit needs to be reviewed and dinged? Why?

Once again, the bigger issue is that the funder claims that they don't check ISO crit, but insist upon leaving it in the application.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23718

Quote Originally Posted by len@accfunding.com View Post
    You think having your credit pulled is a big deal? When I got my mortgage lenders license in New York, in 2005, I had to hire a private investigator and pay him to do a complete background check on me which included having my fingerprints taken. The final report that he needed to send to the state was the size of a phone book.
    Fingerprints are pretty standard in the finance biz. My girlfriend worked as a teller at Bank of America and had to have them done. This space is the most lenient of any I know as far as background investigations, it needs to change, and no I don't mean we need the feds helping us.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Fingerprints are pretty standard in the finance biz. My girlfriend worked as a teller at Bank of America and had to have them done. This space is the most lenient of any I know as far as background investigations, it needs to change, and no I don't mean we need the feds helping us.
    Every Stock Broker has to have it done. Also has to list ALL employment for last ten years. Cannot have more than a 2 month void in that time frame either (so your prison time for two years will be a problem) Nothing new here & a welcome change.

Major difference, a stock broker would (hopefully) only be working for one broker = one credit pull. An ISO might want to have funding relationships with multiple lenders focusing on different credit quality = multiple credit pulls. Bottom line for my firm, as has been suggested above, if you require personal credit pull we will refer our prospects elsewhere. Plenty of funders still don't require personal credit. Ironically, the lender that insists on the personal credit authority in their application (although they insist they won't pull it?) aggressively markets to ISOs on this site. I can't get past the integrity issue -- why do you require the authority if you won't pull my credit?

please sir you do 1099s w-2s checks on workers there in new york?