800Fund
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

800Fund

I have been offered a job with 800Fund, anybody have any info on them. Is this a credible place to work and has anyone done business with them before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

800Fund

Never heard of them myself but out of curiosity, what's the offer? Inbounds? Commission only? Salary? Dialing for dollars?

They are offering a small salary plus commissions, claimed to be spending 5K per month on leads for each rep. It's funny that no one has heard of them and they claim to have been around since 2006. I'm looking to make a move, if you happen to know of a reliable company I would appreciate if you can pass me the contact information.
    Thanks

Banned Reputation points: 17587

800Fund

Where are you located?

I can work in NY,NJ or PA!

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

800Fund

Do an SOS search on the business entity John. That will tell you how long they've really been around. These days companies lie about their qualifications about as much as applicants do. It's pathetic.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32550 Funder Mark's Avatar

I was in their office yesterday, and was just on the phone with their sales manager Adam. Good people there, seem very legit, and heard the same about the marketing they spend on their reps.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

Cresthill Capital has been in touch with them..Seems like great people!

Thanks, Funder Mark, by the way just curious were you wearing a gray suit yesterday? As I was leaving I seen this person in the lobby. Are you looking to join forces with them?

I was wearing grey pants, no jacket, and always looking to partner with good people.

Thanks, sounds good.

Senior Member Reputation points: 117586 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCut View Post
    I'm looking to make a move, if you happen to know of a reliable company I would appreciate if you can pass me the contact information.
    Thanks
    I don't think this is too wise of you to announce you are looking to get out of there when it is 99% possible they have been following this thread the whole time. If they have a big marketing budget they will be less inclined to spend it on you if they know you are looking for other ISO's to work for and will be taking the leads with you, don't you agree?

Any ISO who has that big of a marketing budget and is also offering a base salary on top of it is a lot better then calling UCC's which have been beaten to death at other ISO's and working for commission only.

ridextreme, I am pretty sure that JohnCut is looking for a new place now, and is simply looking for recommendations. From what he said, he is not working there, so why would they be upset if he is asking for some knowledge here?

Again Thanks Funder Mark. It's amazing how people misunderstand what your asking for. I was just looking for recommendations trying to make sure I make the right move.

Senior Member Reputation points: 20156

I have been offered a job with 800Fund, anybody have any info on them. Is this a credible place to work and has anyone done business with them before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've heard of them, their principles have been in the industry for 7+ years, and in the call center/marketing world for over 15+ in multiple industries. I'll let them disclose any additional information if they care to.

jotucker1983
    So let me get this straight?

There are Broker Offices around NY spending $60,000 a year ($5k per month) in marketing for one agent's inbound lead production? So if they have 10 agents, they are spending $600,000 a year in marketing for their agents to where the agent just needs to come in, sit down, follow up with inbound leads and close?

I have heard this before on this Forum, but not only does this NOT make any sense, I have never seen it. I have been in this industry as a whole since January 2007 and did various "off" sales jobs before then, I have never seen a Sales Position where the company does all of the marketing work for the Sales Reps and all the Reps have to do is come in, sit down, call inbound leads, and close.

Not saying you guys are lying, I'm just saying I have never seen this.

Even in higher barrier to entry/specialized sales positions like Medical Device Sales and Medical Capital Equipment, you have to go out in the territory and sell, that is do your own lead production and then close said leads. I have never seen it to where all you do is come in, sit down, get fed inbound leads all day, and close.

"I have never seen a Sales Position where the company does all of the marketing work for the Sales Reps and all the Reps have to do is come in, sit down, call inbound leads, and close. "

This goes on every day John. I'll send you an unlimited metro card so you can visit New York.

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    "I have never seen a Sales Position where the company does all of the marketing work for the Sales Reps and all the Reps have to do is come in, sit down, call inbound leads, and close. "

This goes on every day John. I'll send you an unlimited metro card so you can visit New York.
    So is this only in New York or something lol? Not sure if you guys wanted to share the contact information of some of the large Broker Houses that do this or not, but I'm just curious as to how this all works because I have honestly never seen a Sales Position like that before for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    So is this only in New York or something lol? Not sure if you guys wanted to share the contact information of some of the large Broker Houses that do this or not, but I'm just curious as to how this all works because I have honestly never seen a Sales Position like that before for the most part.

California, Portland, Michigan, Florida, Texas have places like that also. The funder doesn't mind doing it if every dollar they put in results in $1.50 - $4.00 coming out. You'll make that trade all day.

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Simple. You sign up with one of the large brokerages that spend gazillions on PPC to distribute them to their in house sales reps.

Franklin, I was just looking for recommendations on the company and wanting to make sure I make the right choice. You can keep your metro card buddy. jotucker, I am just reiterating what was said on the interview, so I have no reason lie. If you don't believe it, fine just don't call me out. All I wanted was if anyone ever heard or worked for 800fund. If you don't believe it fine that's your choice.

Franklin, I was just looking for recommendations on the company and wanting to make sure I make the right choice. You can keep your metro card buddy. jotucker, I am just reiterating what was said on the interview, so I have no reason lie. If you don't believe it, fine just don't call me out. All I wanted was if anyone ever heard or worked for 800fund. If you don't believe it fine that's your choice.
    Hey JohnCut, if you read my actual post, and the message in quotes that I responded to, "which wasn't what you wrote, but the other John on this thread" (end quotes, in case you missed it again), I was offering the card to Mr. John Tucker, not to you. Your post, which I responded to first, had confirmed that 800 fund is a legit company.

I hope you read contracts and stip. lists in better chronological order than you do forum posts my friend.

Franklin, not looking to argue with you, if I misread the post my apologies to you. But do me one favor again don't call me out, I thought this forum was for MCA information. All I wanted was an recommendation from someone that simple.

Franklin, not looking to argue with you, if I misread the post my apologies to you. But do me one favor again don't call me out, I thought this forum was for MCA information. All I wanted was an recommendation from someone that simple.

It is for information, which I gave you. You called me out John, due to a mistake on YOUR part, so I provided clarification. This is the second time now you're changing what I said and what my intent was.

Franklin, this is your comment-I hope you read contracts and stip. lists in better chronological order than you do forum posts my friend. . As of now it's over, like I mentioned before not looking to argue with you. Truce!!!!