Official Sales Tip Of The Day Thread
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Price conditioning is a good idea John, however since the pricing is so ugly on MCA, I think it's probably a good idea for a salesperson do that after the ROI is found and the dream is sold. Let them spend the capital in their mind first, then hit them with the costs. A knee jerk reaction to 80% APR is a resounding "no" in most situations, regardless of the need.
    FUNd that's a good point, it's just that what happens on my side is that if I usually wait until the last minute to begin discussing pricing, I usually will get a lot of push-back from those that have "other options".

Bank declines are very difficult in this regard because they do in fact have a project in mind that they are looking to use the capital for, but even if a particular bank declines them, usually they have these "other options" available that directly or indirectly compete against me.

So for me to save time, I always discuss the pricing ranges upfront. It filters out those merchants that just without a shadow of a doubt ever consider my pricing because they in fact have other options, so I can get down to the merchants who don't have all of these other options and we can workout something on the pricing.

What I've been finding is that there's this small group of merchants that will be open to our pricing as long as they have a project with a good ROI for example that suites it. And then there's a LARGE group of merchants (the majority of merchants) that will never accept our pricing, no matter how much we market to them or how "skilled" we are at selling it to them.
    Last edited by jotucker1983; 10-26-2015 at 06:07 PM.