Official Sales Tip Of The Day Thread
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

jotucker1983
    This has been a great thread full with great discussions .

John Galt has a point in that if the merchant fills out an application with every Tom, Dick and Harry calling him for "financing", before you know it he might have 10 credit inquiries on his report from MCA companies. I do know of Funding companies that once they receive a file and notice 5 other companies just pulled this merchant's credit, they might be less likely to approve said merchant without an explanation.

However, I do not know of any Funding company that provides "real offers" without pulling the merchant's credit. If you are getting offers without a credit pull, those are based solely on the statements provided which could drastically change once the merchant's credit is pulled by the Funding company.

So this would fall back on the merchants individually, as they should carefully select who they are going to work with exclusively, rather than sending their packages to literally "everybody" as the high amount of credit inquiries will affect their credit scoring, and might persuade Funders in not approving them.

Senior Member Reputation points: 5023
    Florida, First MCA sold in 85/ WS in 76. CFP/RIA, series 3,6,7,8,10,63,Ins218,220.

I wasn't trying to convey that the funders won't pull credit. I was conveying the fact that I tell the client not to allow anyone to pull it (no apps for you!).

Senior Member Reputation points: 4367

John i see what your getting at that is a good sales tactic letting merchant know their app n statements wont b shopped across the country. It is good to use as levereage, at the end of the day tho you wont get any offers without a credit pull. I know you know that you just have to inform the merchants about it.

Hi Thanks for the great tips.
    Is it possible for a ISO to pull the credit and then pass the report on with the application to different funders so they wont pull a credit themselves? (assuming you are using a company they are familiar with). This would be a legitimate way for a broker to promise one pull only and not kill their credit.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Zenkewich View Post
    Hi Thanks for the great tips.
    Is it possible for a ISO to pull the credit and then pass the report on with the application to different funders so they wont pull a credit themselves? (assuming you are using a company they are familiar with). This would be a legitimate way for a broker to promise one pull only and not kill their credit.
    Totally against the rules! Unfortuantely.