Official Sales Tip Of The Day Thread
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 118256 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Should also query BK, NSfs, Collateral, previous default, Liens. I think that's more important than wasting his or my time.
    I really disagree with this unless you know the guy is desparate then I would ask him if he has a lot of NSF's but I hear reps asking all the wrong questions which are only going to scare him off such as "How's your credit? Any tax liens? Any previous BK's?"

Once they start hearing this they are going to think (especially if he's never done this before) "omg he's asking about my credit I'll never qualify. I'm not going to waste my time filling that thing out".

Just keep is simple "Are you in a BK that has not been discharged yet? Any big tax liens?"

I'm going to find this all out anyway. It's not a waste of my time to send out an app in an email and get in his submission.

Quote Originally Posted by KTK View Post
    *Under promise & Over Deliver*

Stop promising these guys grossing $40K a month that you can get him 6 figures just to get the app in (unless he has some heavy RE equity of course, right Zach?) knowing damn well you can't get close.

Be the hero and come in higher than quoted, and keep his respect rather than loosing it to me when I get him on the horn, properly educate him, and retain him for the long haul
    this is another big mistake people are making. If a guy grosses 50K and he's asking for 200K, NEVER EVER tell him "There's no way you will qualify for that". Guess what. He's not going to send the app to you, because he's going to send it to me instead after I tell him "Ok great send me this this and that and I'll submit it for 200K". Then when I call him back to close him on 35K "Your credit score is 565 and you have a few negatives in your bank. they wanted to deny you but I talked them into an approval. I think you should jump on this and try to clean up your bank so next time around we can give you more".

Another big one is listening to the customer. There are so many people in this industry who have giant egos and will cut the customer off and say "You're not gonna qualify for 300K you only gross 100 a month!" while they are taking down to them as if they're the dumb one. Guess what. The salesperson is the only dumb one here.
    Last edited by ridextreme; 10-22-2015 at 07:50 PM.