Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
Can you give me an example buddy lol?

So the client is a restaurant, with 650 FICO, clean banks, no liens, no outstanding MCAs, no prior bankruptcies, no issues with their landlord, 3 years in business and doing $500,000 a year in sales. Prefers a quick turnaround of 6 months.

Broker A: Offers $30,000 on a 6 month payback, with a 1.35 factor as merchant cash advance from a company that is doing the underwriting process mainly by manual review which means the process will take longer.

Broker B: Offers $30,000 on a 6 month term, with a 1.18 as an alternative business loan from a company that has majority of the underwriting process automated so that the closing process takes about a day.

Can you give me an example of what Broker A is going to say, to convince said merchant to use him over Broker B? I agree with you that it's not just about pricing, it's about the entire scope of the deal, but what could Broker A possibly say to win this deal from Broker B?
No, you're right John. If it's an apples to apples comparison like that, then there is nothing that can really be said. However, if you have the relationship built and the rapport, the client should not be shopping you at all. They should believe you have the best deal in town demonstrated by your confidence and expertise, right? Like buying that new Lexus from a guy you really like. It's priced at $68,500, but there's one exactly the same across town, priced at only $65,000. You love the guy you're dealing with, the price of $68,500 isn't ridiculous and is within reason. You buy it, and never even bother to find the lower priced vehicle because you are comfortable and enjoying the process with your current salesperson.