Pearl Capital founders Bloomberg piece by Zeke
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

jotucker1983
    MCN,

That's a good point and I won't lie because, I have done deals like that before (5-6 month 1.40 - 1.45).

I just don't like to do deals like that unless it's a "special condition" merchant like one that's D paper, a case-by-case higher risk side 2nd position, etc.

I wouldn't sell that to a merchant in an A or B paper category because I don't think that's a good deal. I usually always try to put the client first, the lender second, and myself (in terms of my payment) third. This usually gives me the 2% - 5% range in compensation per deal that I talked about, not in the 10% range.

But I'm currently in a form of restructuring on my side anyway and more "profit" is always a good thing as long as it works out for all parties.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    MCN,

That's a good point and I won't lie because, I have done deals like that before (5-6 month 1.40 - 1.45).

I just don't like to do deals like that unless it's a "special condition" merchant like one that's D paper, a case-by-case higher risk side 2nd position, etc.

I wouldn't sell that to a merchant in an A or B paper category because I don't think that's a good deal. I usually always try to put the client first, the lender second, and myself (in terms of my payment) third. This usually gives me the 2% - 5% range in compensation per deal that I talked about, not in the 10% range.

But I'm currently in a form of restructuring on my side anyway and more "profit" is always a good thing as long as it works out for all parties.
    Joe buddy
    There are A lenders paying 18-20 points. now of course sometimes you have to down sell but 13 % should be the average now .as for rewneal you can drop then and have a happier client that they see that keeping the relationship good will keep on getting them better pricing.
    Good luck