Pearl Capital founders Bloomberg piece by Zeke
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    I think the author of the article did all he could to spin this to make it out like these guys were the Wolf of Wallstreet, but the reality is that they were not selling penny stocks to people, they were selling merchant cash advances to merchants who knew exactly what they were signing up for.

I wasn't selling this product back in 2006, but I'm sure if I was back in 2006 I would have been making $20,000 a month as well lol. The market was wide open back then, today, we are saturated as hell and making $20,000 a month consistently will be difficult unless you have a team of people you are getting over-rides on.
    as someone who worked alongside those two, I would have to disagree. It is much, much easier to make $20,000 a month now than it was back then. More merchants, more funds, more products, stacking, etc, etc, etc.....

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    as someone who worked alongside those two, I would have to disagree. It is much, much easier to make $20,000 a month now than it was back then. More merchants, more funds, more products, stacking, etc, etc, etc.....
    So true. For a lot of today's salespeople in the top firms, $20K a month is a pay cut...

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    So true. For a lot of today's salespeople in the top firms, $20K a month is a pay cut...
    Lol, listen maybe it's time for me to move to wherever you guys are and consolidate my efforts into the larger firms. I have been hearing about this for sometime that I need to stop being so "independent" and link up to some of the guys in NYC for example, I've just been stubborn and doing my own thing.

But yeah, I've had great months but never consistent $20,000 months. But again, I'm just one guy with a limited marketing budget as well. I make enough to be middle class in a nutshell, at least for now.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1538

$20k/month is def much more attainable in todays market then it was in 2005/2006. Getting paid 10 points commission on a 1.30, 12 month deal is the norm today. Back then your only option was 7 months, 1.3526 (to be exact) and that would be 4/2.

Keep in mind - without any competition, theres no UCC's to call either, you really needed to cold call and network. Some people today would be so incredibly lost

Also - strange that the author of the article makes it seem as if Second Source were the founders of our industry and CAN is a new player on the block.

jotucker1983
    Quote Originally Posted by mcg168 View Post
    $20k/month is def much more attainable in todays market then it was in 2005/2006. Getting paid 10 points commission on a 1.30, 12 month deal is the norm today..
    Maybe this is my problem because, I don't get 10 points on any deal. My points are always 2% - 5% depending on the deal.

If I were getting 10 points on average on my deals then oh hell yeah, I would be at or over $20,000 a month.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1538

Quote Originally Posted by jotucker1983 View Post
    Maybe this is my problem because, I don't get 10 points on any deal. My points are always 2% - 5% depending on the deal.

If I were getting 10 points on average on my deals then oh hell yeah, I would be at or over $20,000 a month.
    what is your typical pricing if your only making 2-5%??