New ISO, Starting my own shop, which lenders would pick me up?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 4603

The problem is that technology has made the sales rooms of today lazy. Everyone wants "hot leads" handed to them without putting in the work to hustle and grow a book of business.

If you were to time warp a sales floor from 20 years ago who cold called all day and throw them up against a sales floor of 2016 these guys would run circles around the new school.

I remember when I had to make 300/400+ calls a day, without sitting down or I was asked to leave. It was hard work, but I earned and it gave me the work ethic that allows me to earn. So I kind of chuckle when guys complain about the long day they put in dialing 100 calls.

You can 100% make a living cold calling merchants. It's just really hard work and no one wants to put in the time. I see it in my own office, unfortunately. That said, my guys who hammer the phones all day without complaining are the ones who have deals in underwriting right now. The guys who are complaining, they are struggling.

I love whoever brought up Cardone. I love that guy, he is a producer and he knows how to pick up the phone and EARN. His videos pump me up.

I'm not saying an inbound strategy isn't ideal, I'm just saying that what I have seen over the years is that today's average sales guy could never compare to the animals that were breed before Google took over the scene. Of course there are exceptions to both sides.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by KTK View Post
    The problem is that technology has made the sales rooms of today lazy. Everyone wants "hot leads" handed to them without putting in the work to hustle and grow a book of business.

If you were to time warp a sales floor from 20 years ago who cold called all day and throw them up against a sales floor of 2016 these guys would run circles around the new school.

I remember when I had to make 300/400+ calls a day, without sitting down or I was asked to leave. It was hard work, but I earned and it gave me the work ethic that allows me to earn. So I kind of chuckle when guys complain about the long day they put in dialing 100 calls.

You can 100% make a living cold calling merchants. It's just really hard work and no one wants to put in the time. I see it in my own office, unfortunately. That said, my guys who hammer the phones all day without complaining are the ones who have deals in underwriting right now. The guys who are complaining, they are struggling.

I love whoever brought up Cardone. I love that guy, he is a producer and he knows how to pick up the phone and EARN. His videos pump me up.

I'm not saying an inbound strategy isn't ideal, I'm just saying that what I have seen over the years is that today's average sales guy could never compare to the animals that were breed before Google took over the scene. Of course there are exceptions to both sides.
    You could make that argument for any industry or discipline. Technology makes life and business less labor intensive in all facets, but calling people lazy because they want to use it to their advantage is going a little too far. Just because I choose not to hand dial 400 strangers off of index cards everyday doesn't make me any less of a skilled salesperson.