New ISO, Starting my own shop, which lenders would pick me up? - Page 3
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 23702

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    thats called you being naive and the iso not giving up his true sources
    Good point. Why is an ISO going to broadcast his marketing techniques to his lender that will roll over and tell his other ISOs what's working.

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

Because they figure 17M business owners in the USA... it wont touch his bottom line (by disclosing business idea). Like ill give you an IDEA that works for one of my ISO's in Texas, him and his wife leave 200 voice mails a night to specific industries and like clock work they get a few returned calls a day!! Now that you know the idea you think someones going to try it for a month straight? of course NOT so giving away an IDEA is very little help... its to work the idea that crosses the line between efforts and results I.E Dollars in the bank!
    Last edited by mcaguru; 03-08-2016 at 02:54 PM.
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Because they figure 17M business owners whats the threat to his bottom line. Like ill give you an IDEA that works for one of my ISO's in Texas him and his wife leave 200 voice mails a night to a specific industries and like cl9ock work they get a few returned calls a day!! Now that you know the idea you think someones going to try it for a month straight? so an IDEA is very little its to work the idea that crosses the line between efforts and results
    Stop using Google to get numbers. The applicant pool isn't anywhere NEAR 17 million. 17 million includes every housewife with a knitting business that grosses $2K a year and any schmo with a toolbox that fixes dishwashers in the neighborhood part time. I am very surprised you are a lender and know so little about the demographics and makeup of this space.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUNd View Post
    Stop using Google to get numbers. The applicant pool isn't anywhere NEAR 17 million. 17 million includes every housewife with a knitting business that grosses $2K a year and any schmo with a toolbox that fixes dishwashers in the neighborhood part time. I am very surprised you are a lender and know so little about the demographics and makeup of this space.
    and also includes every Fortune 500 company that has Wells Fargo or B of A on speed dial

Senior Member Reputation points: 19415

Because they figure 17M business owners in the USA... it wont touch his bottom line (by disclosing business idea). Like ill give you an IDEA that works for one of my ISO's in Texas, him and his wife leave 200 voice mails a night to specific industries and like clock work they get a few returned calls a day!! Now that you know the idea you think someones going to try it for a month straight? of course NOT so giving away an IDEA is very little help... its to work the idea that crosses the line between efforts and results I.E Dollars in the bank!

There's a long heavy road between an idea and successful execution leading to positive, repeatable results and most people will never be brave enough to take it, so mcaguru is right. You totally can build a book of business cold calling but you're not going to do it with some generic script, generic offering, generic dialing, etc.

There's around 24 million businesses in the US, give or take as every month thousands of businesses go out, and thousands of new businesses start. About 20% of them are doing at least 20,000 a mth (or 250k in annual gross sales), and about 10% of those businesses would consider a cash advance.

At least 1 out of 5 (most fed. surveys quote closer to 1 of 3) small businesses has expressed difficulty getting credit from a bank, so there is a huge market for businesses looking for funding.

The problems are 4 out of 5 businesses would not do business off a cold call from a random stranger, so those numbers mean cold calling is a very tough prospect if you don't have a really solid plan, method, process.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3366 Accord Business Funding's Avatar

You can reach out to me directly at 713-529-2570 or via email kdinh@accordbf.com. I'd like to tell you what Accord Business Funding has to offer and what we work with here.

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

Whatever happened to face to face sales. I know its hard work and the numbers you can reach are limited but I think there is something to it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338265

Quote Originally Posted by The****zuofMCA View Post
    Whatever happened to face to face sales. I know its hard work and the numbers you can reach are limited but I think there is something to it.
    The****zuo-Face to face is tough for me as I have been described as an ugly human being or a handsome monster.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

I wont elaborate but you just hit the center of the bulls eye.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

What happened? the internet, social media, twitter generation.

I wont elaborate but you just hit the center of the bulls eye.
    If the center of the bulls eye was the size of a barn door.

If the center of the bulls eye was the size of a barn door.
    if it is the size of a barndoor then he threw the arrow from a jet
    Last edited by mcaguru; 03-08-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Banned Reputation points: 17587

lol, a face for telemarketing, huh?

have been planning to spend a day doing face-to-face for about a year now (just out of curiosity) although I haven't got around to it. ****zu - You're in Miami, let's hit Lincoln Road at 6, drum up some business, get hammered with a few models, and report back?

Senior Member Reputation points: 7162 TheShitzuofMCA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    lol, a face for telemarketing, huh?

have been planning to spend a day doing face-to-face for about a year now (just out of curiosity) although I haven't got around to it. ****zu - You're in Miami, let's hit Lincoln Road at 6, drum up some business, get hammered with a few models, and report back?
    I was scared you would never ask! lol I did close on two businesses both restaurants just eating regularly at the joint for lunch. I figure it wasn't pure luck. I'm not a sales guy either. Anonymous when your ready let me know bud, it might be alot of drinking the first couple of days.
    Last edited by TheShitzuofMCA; 03-08-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2165

Good thing to know you don't take your Confidential Information clause seriously.

Member Reputation points: 16

Hi! We are a direct lender and would be happy to work with you.

holley@capassist.com
    913-324-5918

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
    Good thing to know you don't take your Confidential Information clause seriously.
    What are you talking about?
    Last edited by mcaguru; 03-09-2016 at 04:31 PM.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    There's a long heavy road between an idea and successful execution leading to positive, repeatable results and most people will never be brave enough to take it, so mcaguru is right. You totally can build a book of business cold calling but you're not going to do it with some generic script, generic offering, generic dialing, etc.

There's around 24 million businesses in the US, give or take as every month thousands of businesses go out, and thousands of new businesses start. About 20% of them are doing at least 20,000 a mth (or 250k in annual gross sales), and about 10% of those businesses would consider a cash advance.

At least 1 out of 5 (most fed. surveys quote closer to 1 of 3) small businesses has expressed difficulty getting credit from a bank, so there is a huge market for businesses looking for funding.

The problems are 4 out of 5 businesses would not do business off a cold call from a random stranger, so those numbers mean cold calling is a very tough prospect if you don't have a really solid plan, method, process.
    Agreed. Most companies give new guys a list of contact names, phone numbers and a generic script. In fact I've never seen any "plan or process" put in place for cold callers.

I can tell you cold calling works!!!. There are call center companies with NO Websites filled with 50 people packed in rooms in such places like the Dakotas bringing in apps all day long..FACT!!!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

I can tell you cold calling works!!!. There are call center companies with NO Websites filled with 50 people packed in rooms in such places like the Dakotas bringing in apps all day long..FACT!!!
    Yeah, works great with FIFTY people packed into a room, and there's the question of the quality of the applications they are bringing in, what are they promising the merchant to get the app in? Is any one person producing enough that would sustain them as an individual rep, or does it take 5 or 10 of these telemarketers funneling apps to sustain one closer?

Don't sit here and tell me cold calling works unless you come to me with the answers to these questions. The question is: Is cold-calling alone, in this day and age, enough for ONE rep to build a successful pipeline, all by themselves?

I have to add, Marcus, if cold-calling works so well, how many have you made this week, and what was the result?
    Last edited by FUNd; 03-09-2016 at 05:06 PM.

The question is: Is cold-calling alone, in this day and age, enough for ONE rep to build a successful pipeline, all by themselves?
    Yes, very easily with the proper guidance.

with the proper guidance.
    You mean beyond "talk time" and "call count"?

Senior Member Reputation points: 158630

It really depends on who you are calling and what the game plan is. If a broker can warm up the cold call a few degrees before dialing and have a profiled and segmented list with a focused pitch and different angle, then yes, it can work.

On a sales floor of desperados fighting for scraps, no.

You mean beyond "talk time" and "call count"?
    I mean they would have to know the industry, how deals are underwritten, and have decent lenders. But if that were the case, yes. For example, if a new broker were to come in and was not provided with any leads, but was properly trained - he/she could easily build a pipeline off cold calling alone, it's done all the time...? If you are referring to someone brand new without any industry knowledge hitting the phones, I agree that they would more than likely fail... granted, you have to put in the work, which "burns" many people out (a term I can't really wrap my head around btw. if someone is burned out are they dying? Is that a legitimate health concern, I don't get it?).

Yes, very easily with the proper guidance.
    Correct. I am tired of people being naive (I am not a negative person!) about Cold calling and here is why...you have all over America business owners (and at times employ / agents) who are cold calling all day companies to have them order customized pens or merchant services/Credit card processing and other services that the payout is 17c per (Logo) pen times 1000 or $75 per month for a signed merchant account and the model seems to work and for some reason in our business circles when a 100K deals pays 5 DIGITS!!! everyone seems to think the cold call model is a HOAX!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧