Approval's being rescinded right before funding!
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 4603

It's annoying. However some lenders offers are "soft" and some quotes you know you can take to the bank when they come in. I prefer personally to work with people that do most of their due diligence up front. I totally get why some do the opposite, or at least understand the logic, but there is nothing worse than having contracts signed, stips in, and having the deal unfold at the witching hour for some reason that was fully disclosed in the sub package. Embarrassing

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

Quote Originally Posted by KTK View Post
    It's annoying. However some lenders offers are "soft" and some quotes you know you can take to the bank when they come in. I prefer personally to work with people that do most of their due diligence up front. I totally get why some do the opposite, or at least understand the logic, but there is nothing worse than having contracts signed, stips in, and having the deal unfold at the witching hour for some reason that was fully disclosed in the sub package. Embarrassing
    Exactly. Totally unprofessional especially when it was never disclosed that the approval was "soft". What makes this case even worse is that the underwriter at Rapid is unwilling to even speak with the merchant for any additional information. "We've made up our mind, don't bother us with relevant information."