MCA Closer seeking startup funds for iso
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Banned Reputation points: 17587

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Just like the requirements for being an insurance broker or realtor, you would fix it with licensing. That would prevent know-it-all newbies like the Prince from asking for chump change to start an ISO and running around giving the industry a black eye. But then again, that would require regulation.
    I take it you don't have a background in RE as licensing requirements don't really help too much haha - there are still a bunch of clowns running around without the slightest clue what they're doing down here. I think lenders are going to start being more selective with who they work with... Who wants sporadic files that don't come anywhere close to their UW requirements, only to get 15 calls from the broker trying to "push the deal through."

Have been seeing more and more threads about lenders not returning calls or iso agreements, I can't help but assume it is with good reason. Especially given the fact that I work with a lot of those lenders and haven't had any issues. I think the weak will fall off and the strong/educated will thrive, but what do I know lol.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23718

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    I take it you don't have a background in RE as licensing requirements don't really help too much haha - there are still a bunch of clowns running around without the slightest clue what they're doing down here. I think lenders are going to start being more selective with who they work with... Who wants sporadic files that don't come anywhere close to their UW requirements, only to get 15 calls from the broker trying to "push the deal through."

Have been seeing more and more threads about lenders not returning calls or iso agreements, I can't help but assume it is with good reason. Especially given the fact that I work with a lot of those lenders and haven't had any issues. I think the weak will fall off and the strong/educated will thrive, but what do I know lol.
    Yes, lenders are becoming more selective, but not by much. They are so desperate to turn a profit while the CPA is so high, any qualified deal is hard to turn your nose up at.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

I'm seeing less selectivity compared to a few years ago. It's much easier to get deals funded nowadays across the board. We're in the middle of a bubble.