Quote Originally Posted by cbrown View Post
Hi all,
I am a merchant who has used merchant funding several times before. It has been a help to my business. We received a solicitation for funding that seemed....well...a bit sketchy. The details are something like this:
The deal amount was said to be $155k. Once we went through the process it was actually an in initial funding amount of 5k then a guaranteed additional $150k after paying on the 5k for 30 (or 45, can't remember) days. It didn't seem right. Anyone know anything about these type of deals? Also, I'm not a 100% sure about this, but I'm pretty sure we received the exact same solicitation with a different funders name on it after several months of the previous company sending solicitations. It seemed like the previous company changed names. Anyone familiar with this? Thanks.
C. Brown
Think about it from a meat and potatoes perspective. You have a company telling you that they don't trust you with $150k up front, however, if you show an ability to repay $5k then they will suddenly trust you with $150k??? If I am counting my fingers and toes correctly then they are saying that by you showing your ability to pay 5,000 then they will give you 30x that amount after you pay the 5,000 off. That is called a carrot and a stick. First they take the carrot and shove it in you and then they take the stick and beat you with it like a british school boy. My suggestion is you run the other way. There are plenty of very good companies on here that will give you the facts up front, regardless of how good or bad they may sound.