alternative invoice factors?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 903 Scott Williams's Avatar

I have a merchant with a PNC Bank UCC filed against the legal name. The UCC covers his invoices/receivables. The merchant doesn't factor his invoice right now. I think the UCC is blank to protect PNC on a general business loan. Has anyone ever heard of a invoice factoring company taking second UCC position?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Williams View Post
    I have a merchant with a PNC Bank UCC filed against the legal name. The UCC covers his invoices/receivables. The merchant doesn't factor his invoice right now. I think the UCC is blank to protect PNC on a general business loan. Has anyone ever heard of a invoice factoring company taking second UCC position?

As long as the bank is willing to take a second position on the receivables, we can factor their invoices. we do an intercreditor agreement. it depends on the other assets that the company has whether pnc would do it.

Ralph

FinishLineCapital.com

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralphtomm View Post
    As long as the bank is willing to take a second position on the receivables, we can factor their invoices. we do an intercreditor agreement. it depends on the other assets that the company has whether pnc would do it.

Ralph

FinishLineCapital.com
    why would a bank take a second position to a funding company? Why would ANYBODY give up first position?

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Williams View Post
    They demand first position....and they bank most likely did tha due to a loan of some sort. NO WAY they will take second position to a factoring company....EVER

Senior Member Reputation points: 10944

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    They demand first position....and they bank most likely did tha due to a loan of some sort. NO WAY they will take second position to a factoring company....EVER
    I've definitely never heard of any Factoring company taking second position. Would be interested to know if one exists anywhere.